Ruger asked me to send back my SR22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are so right about Ruger's customer serivce. So far, excellent and quick email and phone communication. I reached out to Ruger about the bottom part of my pistol slipping down from the slide every single time the pistol is racked, creating a gap where the bottom of the slide and the top of the gun meet. They phoned me and asked for a picture. I sent it to them and they called back and told me to send the pistol to them because the issue I have is not right and emailed me a shipping label. She was so professional and quick with following up. This happened on Friday (yesterday). I still have to pack it up, wrap it and send it out, probably Tues due to a snow storm we are expecting Monday. Here's the picture I sent them.

sr22.jpg

So far, I am quite impressed with their customer service. That is one of the reasons I chose to go with Ruger for my first hand gun.

Wow, that's not safe! Send it back and like others mentioned, Ruger has excellent customer service. You'll get it back in no time. I stupidly let my Mark II rust and sent it back expecting a bill for cleaning and refurbishing. They didn't charge a dime and even included a new extra magazine.

My dad bought me a ruger 10-22 about 2005. A few years after he bought it you could shake the barrel since the screw in the front of the stock was coming undone all the time. Around 2014 it was getting worse, and we figured out it was most likely stripped out. Sent it in to Ruger for repair and it came back with a different wood stock and no more shaking, for free. A decade of nicks, scratches and shooting was fixed for free. Since then I have bought a few more Rugers in my collection.

Ruger is awesome and why I will not hesitate to buy another one. Currently I have a super blackhawk in 357 maximum and a LC9+. Both are superb for the money and what they are designed for.

My new Ruger LCP 380 wouldn't feed about 50% of the time. I contacted Ruger and they sent me a prepaid mailing label to return it. Ruger repaired it and sent it back at no charge within a week and it has worked flawlessly since. Ruger fan for life.

Ruger /SW /STI are great in my experience. all of them sent me a prepaid label to send my gun back for repair . glock was the worse. They made me pay to send it back for a upgrade/update which cost me $80 to ship back because i have to use next day air. that was the last glock i ever bought

Follow the directions on how to ship it back to them. I forget the details but there are strict ways to do it. I think they will just mail it back to you.

I contacted them about my wife's 5 yr old LC9. The front sights would not stay tight and would drift from side to side. That one phone call was all it took. They told me to just send them the slide, which I did. Eight days later it comes back with new sights ready to go. I wish all businesses felt this strongly about customer service. My last gun purchase was a Ruger product (after the sight replacement).

From all your testimonials here about their service & products, I'm confident I made the right choice in purchasing a Ruger for my first hand gun. If all goes well with this transaction, I will most likely get another Ruger when I upgrade to a 9-mm. Go Ruger!

I have had many Rugers over the years . Toys actually but I will never sell the 10/22 or the 22/45 Unless i replace them with new ones.I I just put my Security 6 on consignment at my favorite gun shop. The guy at the gun shop said he has never seen a gun so worn out. I told him I buy guns and wear them out ,,,. full power reloads of 296 powder and 158 gn jacketed bullets in my younger years had muzzle blast that makes the muzzle blast of the 16 inch guns on the battle ship Missouri seem like that a pop gun. I still haven't got over the flinching after all these years.

I hate to say it, but I told you so applies.

In the other thread I called these guns meeeeeehhhhh firearms, barely better than junk.

And now we see why.

Trade it in for a Ruger Mark 2 or Mark 4, which is a fantastic.22 pistol.

Pop the slide off and see what broke. Did a slide rail break off?

Originally Posted by bubbatime

In the other thread I called these guns meeeeeehhhhh firearms, barely better than junk.

And now we see why.

I have remove the slide to clean it a couple times. Nothing seems broken but I don't know the anatomy of a gun so I wouldn't know if anything was broken. Nothing fell out and it shoots fine.
21.gif

don't worry eosyn, the sr22 is an excellent pistol and ruger's customer service is six star. i sent in an old used, $200 bearcat to add transfer bar safety, ruger called to inform that its guts were cooked and offered any single action revolver as a gratis replacement. i got a $500+ blackhawk 357/38/9mm in return. fear not, ruger will do right by you.

Originally Posted by jstert
don't worry eosyn, the sr22 is an excellent pistol and ruger's customer service is six star. i sent in an old used, $200 bearcat to add transfer bar safety, ruger called to inform that its guts were cooked and offered any single action revolver as a gratis replacement. i got a $500+ blackhawk 357/38/9mm in return. fear not, ruger will do right by you.

That is quite a story!

Jstert, Thank you. I'm not worried at all. The service rep I talked to and who walked me through the whole process of looking into my case and returning the pistol was very professional. I know Ruger will make it right. I never thought I'd have to send back a brand new gun, but in case I did (and I am on their request) I think I bought the right brand for standing behind their products and taking care of their customers. I just dropped it off at FedEx an hour ago. I'll update as I get the news.

Originally Posted by bubbatime

And now we see why.

An SR22 is not a handgun for high volume shooting. You'll be much better off in the long run with a Mark 4 or Browning Buckmark.

Last edited:
I'm not a Ruger guy, but you can't beat their service.

I'm a big fan of the 327 Magnum, and about wet myself with excitement several years ago when I heard that Ruger was making a 7-shot single action on their Single Six platform(Single 7) in 327. I called a few local stores to see if they would try and order one for me, and one came through. I went out and bought the gun from them the day after they called me, but had issues before I even left the shop(they have an attached range, and I asked if they'd comp fees for me on the empty range so I could go try it out).

In any case, I had serious issues loading the gun-when I would rotate the cylinder to an empty chamber, it didn't line up with the loading gate exactly right and it was at times impossible to load cartridges(or eject the empties). I couldn't tell a lot about accuracy on their outdoor range, but a few weeks later a trip to the indoor range got me what I'd best describe as a shotgun pattern at 7 yards with the gun. A friend of mine in the next lane claimed it was spitting lead.

I called Ruger and explained my issues. They sent me a tag and I dropped it off at the hub. A week and a half later, my doorbell rang and there it was with a lengthy list of repairs including a replacement cylinder, pawl, and a few other odds and ends. They also reported "serious forcing cone erosion" on one side, so replaced the barrel of course with a freshly cut forcing cone. There was a 5 round, 15 yard test target in the box.

Since then, it's been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back