Beware! Parts Dropshippers sending counterfeit parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in the process of ordering parts for a 2010 Honda in order to change out the entire cooling system as preventative maintenance. There are two hoses that run to the oil cooler for the transmission which are hard and brittle after 180,000 miles and should be replaced. I have ordered from RETAILER REMOVED dozens of times with no issues for this car (also RETAILER REMOVED in the past as well). Unfortunately, I didn't realize it before, but they are simply a 3rd party droppshipper and do not stand behind the parts delivered.
Ive been back and forth emailing them for weeks asking them to return and reissue the two ATF hoses that arrived and are clearly wrong. They dont agree and say that their online schematics are for reference only... am I in the wrong?

Received parts still new in bag on right:

2023-11-21-10-04-19.png

I would recommend avoiding this retailer based to their unhelpful nature. They have tried every trick in the book to avoid giving me a refund. They will RMA the product but not after me payign for shipping and paying a 20% restocking fee.

Make sure you know who you are ordering parts from.

Last edited:
Just curious but when you place your order does it ask for the VIN to be entered? Have you searched other configurations to ensure there aren't multiple applications for these parts? And lastly, have you considered using your local dealer rather than trying to do business through long distance internet channels?

I would go to a local dealer and see how the parts are supposed to look and how they're labeled.

Last edited:
I can understand being frustrated with the return situation. Question is, are they following their return policy or not? If so, it is what it is.

Regarding the counterfeit parts.. that’s a pretty serious accusation. Before spreading that around you should probably be certain.

Just curious but when you place your order does it ask for the VIN to be entered? Have you searched other configurations to ensure there aren't multiple applications for these parts? And lastly, have you considered using your local dealer rather than trying to do business through long distance internet channels?
They do, and I did. They will not budge in saying these are the correct parts. The part number is the right part but what was devliveredis not the right part regardless of what is in the bag.

I can understand being frustrated with the return situation. Question is, are they following their return policy or not? If so, it is what it is.

Regarding the counterfeit parts.. that’s a pretty serious accusation. Before spreading that around you should probably be certain.

Well the parts I received are of a completely different material than the OEM parts. Have you ever seen silicone OEM hoses?
I actually have already re ordered the parts which arrived this morning which came from a local dealership. Im debating sending these pictures over to the retailer and showing them what the correct part looks like.... I will post up comparison pictures when I can.

Im not expecting perfection, accidents happen. Just wanted to give a fair waring to those ordering parts in general from websites who appear to be guaranteeing OEM parts and not delivering OEM parts and not standing behind the fact they are not selling OEM parts but then saying they sent you OEM parts haha

72098083656-673-AF411-A9-D8-498-B-BA09-F71-E42-A2-F246-1.jpg

72098082743-D6-A46-BFA-9-DAB-4-CD8-BD72-F2799782-CD80-1.jpg

Maybe I should try the QR Code, Ha!

If they're truly counterfeit return policy is irrelevant-- it's fraud and that's illegal. You paid for X and received Y

However, I think you need a lot more evidence to prove they're counterfeit. I'm not familiar with these parts so I have no opinion at this time -- not that it would matter.

OEMPartsOnline seems to be more trustworthy, as they tell you what dealer it's coming from.

Even Partsouq from the middle east is more trustworthy than the giant!

What do the hoses on the actual vehicle look like?

You should be able to tell the actual dealer they came from by the return address on the actual box. I've never gotten anything from Honda Parts Now or Ford Parts Giant that did not come from an actual dealer.

I think you should retract the accusation that they are counterfeit if you cant prove it, part numbers are superseded and the material could have changed in 13 years.

Last edited:
From my observation, the labels look convincing. I had thought that those websites are nothing more than a dealer network. Years and years ago I ordered from parts.com, with around a 35% discount. I could trace the shipment back to the NorCal dealer that was active on our car forum with a 15% discount. But I do recall reading that customer service could be futile.

edit: this may or may not be helpful....I scanned the barcodes from the pics and they match both in the 1D and 2D what's on the human readable. When I google looking for an actual pic of this part, it looks like what you have. It could be the diagram is wrong....

Last edited:
What do the hose on the actual vehicle look like?
Rubber and form molded. The hoses from the local dealership look completely different (and correct).

Now that I am looking at the page I originally odered from (nearly a month ago now) I am seeing the error in my ways. The retailer shows a non molded hose in the picture but when you click on the parts diagram you can see this is indeed a molded hose. I thought I was getting a molded hose, not a generic part with a honda label slapped on.

Again, Buyer beware.

Screenshot-2023-11-21-at-11-01-59-AM.png

OEMPartsOnline seems to be more trustworthy, as they tell you what dealer it's coming from.

Even Partsouq from the middle east is more trustworthy than the giant!

I just used OEMPartsOnline for a Ford motor mount. Like you said, it showed where the part shipped from. I was able to get the Ford OEM part for about the same price as local after market motor mounts.

Ask that a moderator change the title of this rant post retracting the counterfeit accusation that is clearly incorrect.

Also interesting how you go to great lengths to type in bolded all caps “RETAILER REMOVED” yet you post pictures of the retailers name in the pictures. Which is it here?

As someone who owns an old Honda, let me tell you that sometimes it was previously a “molded hose” but has been subsequently changed due to a supplier substitution. The dealer you are mentioning may have old stock on hand.

My friend got counterfeit spark plugs from Rock Auto. Pretty scary. I just bought serpentine belt using OEM part number from Parkgeeks and thr item came listed as ‘Made in Japan’ by same manufacturer as HondaPart online store. So I hope I got authentic part because ParkGeeks item was less than 1/3 the HondaParts online vendor. The labor cost will likely be $100 and the OEM belt is still strong at 180k miles so I hope I got a real belt and just lucky with price. Even at double the cost, it would still be good for the amount of miles to be had and I plan to hold the vehicle for another 100k miles so this is to be the last belt needed.

My friend got counterfeit spark plugs from Rock Auto. Pretty scary. I just bought serpentine belt using OEM part number from Parkgeeks and thr item came listed as ‘Made in Japan’ by same manufacturer as HondaPart online store. So I hope I got authentic part because ParkGeeks item was less than 1/3 the HondaParts online vendor. The labor cost will likely be $100 and the OEM belt is still strong at 180k miles so I hope I got a real belt and just lucky with price. Even at double the cost, it would still be good for the amount of miles to be had and I plan to hold the vehicle for another 100k miles so this is to be the last belt needed.
Imho At 66% off list, the only way it could be the same part is if the North American distributor was cut out of the picture and the part sourced from Japan. From the USA Id say 35% is tops.

For example, I got a $319.24 Lexus cup holder for $118 delivered FedEx to my house, from eBay. It came from Japan

But these parts are NOS which explains varying and quite large discounts

The belt is $80 at stealership. about $49 from HondaPart, and under $15 from PartGeeks. All witj same ‘Made in Japan’ marking from a Japanese belt maker. I just hope I got the authentic Japanese part because the OEM last 180k miles and still running strong and probably is good for another 20k or more so I only need this new belt to be good for another 100k-120k miles.

The belt is $80 at stealership. about $49 from HondaPart, and under $15 from PartGeeks. All witj same ‘Made in Japan’ marking from a Japanese belt maker. I just hope I got the authentic Japanese part because the OEM last 180k miles and still running strong and probably is good for another 20k or more so I only need this new belt to be good for another 100k-120k miles

I hadn't heard of counterfeit from RA, what kind of plugs were they?

should try the QR Code,
If counterfeit it's actually a pretty good counterfeit since the QR code does match the text on the label. I wasn't able to decode the linear barcode. Some examples of clearly counterfeit parts had a barcode for an entirely different part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back