Coated rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I replace pads, I'm going to replace rotors, and lube everything 100 percent.

For the cost of rotors on most vehicles, why not do it every time. You already have the caliper off.

I have purchased those ebay rotor/pad kit for both my cars they are fine.

Do not miss working on rusty hulks like above. I can't tell you the satisfaction I go the first time I did brakes on my car that was always in Texas with zero rust.

The rotor pretty much fell off the hub as soon as I got the caliper bracket off.

When I lived in NY we would have to slam it with a dead blow hammer.

Yeah, I usually do change rotors when I do pads. It's a bit more work (have to remove caliper bracket) but it's not that much more work. [Unless if it's a Sonata.] I cheaped out once and had to do the job a short time later, like 2 years.

FWIW I try to lube all the brakes once/year (ideally twice but sometimes it just doesn't happen). Early in vehicle life it's a good idea to pop rotors off and get some antiseize in there, that way it won't be such a chore later on. On prior cars with manual transmissions I could get more than 5 years and 100k doing that; my automatics seem to only do half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back