RockAuto Parts Warehouse Locations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that Rock Auto ships from several warehouse locations - A , B , C , D . I am curious as to where they are located. Does any one know ? -Thanks

They're probably all under the same roof, and just have different designations on parts that are for the same vehicle/engine etc... so that they can always make up significant amounts of "discounted" prices on the shipping.

I don't think Rock Auto has any warehouses. They are a drop ship outfit. The actual parts are located in others warehouses.

Also they tend to use a combination of shipping techniques. For instance they will truck to Calgary from Wisconsin or some other location, then either mail or courier from Calgary giving the impression there is a warehouse in Calgary. I don't think there is.

Last edited:
My orders seem to arrive quite quickly, but you have to watch the multiple shipping charges. I bought a set of tow mirrors for my 09 F150 years ago that arrived overnight from Edmonton. I was totally surprised they even had suppliers on the northern side of the border.

On the west coast, 99% of my RockAuto orders have shipped from a Parts Authority warehouse.

I ordered something from them yesterday. The recently recieved online fedex tracking info shows the shipment is coming to me in GA from Washington DC . I never would have guessed there .

I've received RA shipments from California, Texas, New Jersey, Illinois, Iowa, and Ohio, at least according to the UPS or Fedex tracking records that I've paid some attention to. As others have suggested, those may well not be RA's proprietary facilities, but the stuff gets to Michigan pretty promptly from wherever.

Originally Posted by sloinker
I don't think Rock Auto has any warehouses. They are a drop ship outfit. The actual parts are located in others warehouses.

If that's true, that would explain RA's crappy customer service.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I'm pretty sure RockAuto has/did have a warehouse in or near Sugarland, Texas

Nope, that is not owned by Rock, either.

Originally Posted by sloinker

Correct
thumbsup2.gif

They are a drop-shipper. Some of their stuff is even shipped directly from the mfr

Here is my list of RA return addresses taken from shipping labels.
My notes begin 6/15/2014.
This list covers about 25 shipments.
The "X" listings are for returning merchandise. These addresses were taken from the included paperwork.
I've never made a return nor core shipment to any RA facility.
If a core is involved from any mail order company, I'd prefer a local merchant.

1 - 6161 Robinwood Rd. Baltimore, MD 21225 (608) 661-1376
2 - 12999 Executive Dr. Sugar Land, TX 77478-4505
3 - San Bernardino, CA
4 - Bronx, NY 10462
5 - 67 Whitson St. Hempstead, NY 11550 *also listed as Bronx 10462
6 - 11150 NW 32nd Ave., Miami, FL 33167
7- 121 Tennis Center Dr., Marietta, OH 45750-9765s
8 - 3626 W. Parkway Blvd. West Valley City, UT (841) 20-6338
9 - 975 8th St., Azusa, CA 91702 (608) 661-1376

X - Rockauto returns, 111 Commerce Dr. Warwick, RI 02886
X - Returns Dept. 210 Industrial Pkwy, Cheektowaga, NY 14227
X - Rockauto Returns, 67 Whitson St., Hempstead, NY 11550

Hope this helps.

The local Factory Motor Parts warehouse in Eagan, MN is a Rockauto partner. My crankshaft sensors came directly from them.

We use FMP almost exclusively at work, and I couldn't touch RA's price, shipping included, with my dealer pricing direct from FMP. They really do keep costs low on some things.

All of my recent orders have come from a location in upstate NY. I looked up the address once and it's a regional auto parts warehouse/distributor with multiple locations. No different than many of the auto parts shops around most people. You know how they always tell you they can get your parts "this afternoon" or "in the morning" ? There's a big warehouse somewhere nearby that supplies all of the local parts shops.

Originally Posted by Kira
Here is my list of RA return addresses taken from shipping labels.

Here's another one if you want to add:

1200 State Fair Rd, Syracuse NY 13209

That address appears to be the main location for United Auto Supply.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Correct
thumbsup2.gif

They are a drop-shipper. Some of their stuff is even shipped directly from the mfr

Yep, and the part may not even be made yet. I was looking at Coverlay replacement door panels for my Explorer on Rock Auto, and there was a note that there is a "2-3 day delay." It turns out that is because Coverlay makes the panels to order. Rock Auto's price on them is WAY lower than ordering on the Coverlay website.

I'm not sure what they do or do not own, but every time I ship something that is discontinued or obsolete, it comes to me from Sugarland, Texas.

Originally Posted by Kruse

I'm not sure what they do or do not own, but every time I ship something that is discontinued or obsolete, it comes to me from Sugarland, Texas.

That Sugar Land warehouse is a liquidator of surplus parts. Their site is surplusparts.com

I've had Rock Auto stuff arrive here from Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Texas, Colorado, Ohio, and California, and New Jersey. Pretty sure none of them are a "Rock Auto" Warehouse, but other warehouses owned by others that Rock Contracts with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back