1990 300ZX NA, Castrol Edge 0W-40, ~3000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Thought I'd share my moderately upgraded 1990 Nissan 300ZX NA's first UOA. Bought the car in 2015 with 52k on the clock, and now it has 71k. I intend on keeping this one for the foreseeable future so I drive and maintain the car as such, but also like it was meant to be driven! This means sunny weather driving only, but after the engine is warm I am not afraid to give it the boot whenever I can. For me, this UOA indicates that my AEM dryflow filter is performing like it should and that a ton of redline pulls doesn't seem to hurt this engine much. The hydraulic lifters seem to appreciate this oil more than others I have tried, as they are quiet upon cold start as well as after a good hard run on the backroads. This oil fill was with 0W-40 made in Germany, and the oil change was of 0W-40 made in Belgium, for those who are interested. No differences in engine sound or oil pressure were found between the two after a few hundred miles. Oil filter is Mobil 1.

300ZX Used Oil Analysis.jpg

I'm afraid an HDEO 15W40 would have produced as good a result if not better than Edge 0W40 , in this short OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back