Gumon ONe-and_Done for Direct Injection engine dosage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have a Volvo XC60 2015 and I saw Gumont One and Done....my wife only has 5 gallons in the tank now...will it benefit more if I dump it at the 5 gallon amount so it becomes super concentrated since Direct Injection doesn't really touch much fuel per say so I don't know what effect this will have on it? I was thinking that Max Concentration might help and maybe dump some Barryman B12 or whatever it's called to really make the vapours very detergenty. What do you all think?!

And no this is a preventive measure and not meant to cure any current issues.

My guts say to get 10 gallons in the tank and then add. But hey, I'm no chemist.

Or let me put it this way. I would never go more than twice the concentration recommended on the bottle. For example, if it say it treats 20 gallons I would use it with 10 gallons.

Why? What would it do? I mean I think the whole 20 gallons thing is a marketing gimmick and the engineers are more along the lines of higher concentration.

Originally Posted by tempnexus
Ok so I have a Volvo XC60 2015 and I saw Gumont One and Done....my wife only has 5 gallons in the tank now...will it benefit more if I dump it at the 5 gallon amount so it becomes super concentrated since Direct Injection doesn't really touch much fuel per say so I don't know what effect this will have on it? I was thinking that Max Concentration might help and maybe dump some Barryman B12 or whatever it's called to really make the vapours very detergenty. What do you all think?!

Add 2 bottles for max effectiveness. Dump the bottles in first, THEN fill the tank to assure mixing. You can safely use a 2X dose of any PEA additive.

One bottle in 5 or 10 gal of gas my not be long enough during normal driving(can't define normal) for a good cleaning effect. Sure, it'd be strong enough or maybe even too strong however, it would need more contact time.

Sorta like getting a squirt of hand sanitizer. Most people pump some in their hands, rub'em together and shake their hands till they're dry. When in fact, you're supposed to rub on(not in) the hand sanitizer and keep your hands wet till they dry on their own. It's contact time that kills germs.

Same with fuel system cleaner. It's already strong enough by its chemistry per its directions however, it needs time to do its job or even a second dosage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back