Quinoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here eat this much? I some Ike's make some with some lean turkey or with veggies and some grilled chicken breast.

Yup, I usually add a couple things to the water, like carrot, broccoli, etc, when boiling it. Just not enough flavor to eat it by itself.

Originally Posted by Dyusik
Yup, I usually add a couple things to the water, like carrot, broccoli, etc, when boiling it. Just not enough flavor to eat it by itself.

Yes, I add mixed frozen veggies, boil them and add to Quinoa

I eat it when my sister makes it. She usually does ground turkey or chicken in it with veggies. It's not bad, but I'd rather have pasta.

Yes, I like it, and especially the texture.

I eat it more frequently than the family, as it's often in the "healthy" choice frozen meals that I take for work lunches some days.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Tried it. Not a fan.

Same here. Only time I could eat it was when it was mixed with a citrus salad. Give me barley!

I can eat quinoa but not couscous. Barley is gnarley...

Quinoa is fine on its own (to me) but takes on whatever is on it or in it. Something as simple as canned tomatoes on top and sausages goes real well together.

This is now a "Family Story".

A pretentious woman -so phony this New Jersey born and raised girl somehow attained a thick and effected English accent- arrived at a party with "Something SPECIAL from California".

A local girl who's into nutrition (for real-with education) glanced at the salad and said, "Oh quinoa"!

This thread will prompt me to make some as I have some in the pantry. I hope it's not too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back