IKEA $3.99 meals on Tuesday

Somehow I got trapped into going with my parents today to help with stuff they're looking to fix up and they paid for lunch. Seemed a little bit too good to be true, but it was $3.99 with their loyalty program (which I have but don't use much). Regular price was anywhere from $7.49 (chicken strips with fries) to $11.99 (salmon).

Not that much of a selection today though. The meatballs of course, plus their pseudo-meatballs. I was thinking of maybe their cod. I did reformat this for better readability.

Offers are as follows:​
1) Mondays, all 8-piece plant ball and veggie ball plates are $3.00 plus tax for IKEA Family;​
2) Tuesdays, all hot adult entrees are $3.99 plus tax for IKEA Family;​
3) Wednesdays, two kids’ entrees free when you purchase an adult entrée (maximum of 2 kids meals per adult meal purchased) for IKEA Family;​
4) Thursdays, all Swedish meatball plates are $1 off for IKEA Family; and​
5) Fridays, all meatball entrees (veggie ball, plant ball, and Swedish meatball) and hot adult entrées are 50% off for all customers. Not valid online. Discount applied pre-tax at register.​

I have been to IKEA once, and it wasn't by choice. The table I use as a desk came from there. Nothing else in the whole store interested me.

I'd been hearing about IKEA meatballs for years. How utterly scrumptious they are. Like little svedishin peasants handmade them all day old school style from only the finest mountain raised beef.

No sir. They are more like something you'd find in any frozen section in any cut rate grocery store and are served with KFC style inflater taters*. I wouldn't say they are gross, but I also won't say they are good. The salmon looks to be a 2oz portion.

*I invented the term inflater taters. It applies especially to KFC mashed which somehow expand to at least 3 sizes more than I actually consume when it hits my stomach. About a quarter cup of those things and it's like I ate a bucket of spackle.

Back