USPS Manager embezzles steals $630,000 stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dishdude
I don't get the weird irrational hatred for the post office.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd classify my feelings as frustration. I get plenty of mail, sometimes it's even mine...

I'd really like to know how much of my mail I never see.

Jail time should fix the addiction.
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Addiction does not discriminate. USPS has issues, but someone with a gambling addiction could work anywhere.

If that's the case here a jail stay can fix that addiction.

Originally Posted by DONWATERS
Did you know USPS vehicles never have to have a license plate and cannot be pulled over by Police state trooper ect unless they suspect it was stolen? They can speed make illegal turns drive however they want and are exempt from all traffic laws including traffic cams.

Where can I buy a used USPS delivery vehicle?

Get a load of this: US Postal Svc appears to have delivered mail to a vacant house w/ a Raze and Remove Order tag from city posted on the front. What was this mail you ask? Oh nothing major. Just a debit card re-route on an out of state victim's bank account that got hijacked via online banking hack. $12,000 in loss to the involved bank (a large US nationwide bank) after all the fraud perpetrated to the account was tallied.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
It doesn't surprise me one bit. You should see the hoodrats that work at the one near me.

If you actually talk to the hoodrats instead of just looking at them, I bet you will find they are human and probably have the same concerns in life as you do. USPS delivers mail to every address in the USA six days per week, it is an amazing operation. I can send a letter to Hawaii for 50 cents, and it's there in about three days. I am not complaining about that.

My usual postal carrier is very nice and polite. Since I posted something negative, I should appreciate the good workers. Of course; I posted it after reading the article. A moment in time.

Good people always outnumber the dishonest! Now if I could only read good news. The media usually focuses on the negative.

I work for the federal gov too and you wouldn't believe all of the ridiculous stereotypes people spout off about us. According to these people, all of us gov employees have cushy jobs and we just sit on our duffs all day being overpaid...

Originally Posted by grampi
I work for the federal gov too and you wouldn't believe all of the ridiculous stereotypes people spout off about us. According to these people, all of us gov employees have cushy jobs and we just sit on our duffs all day being overpaid...

I used to work for the federal government and I'm glad I don't anymore. Almost all of the employees were lazy,overpaid, and didn't know anything about their job. Not to mention the huge red tape involving getting anything approved.

Of course, that's a generalized statement that doesn't apply to all fed employees but where I used to work it was a cesspool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pew

I used to work for the federal government and I'm glad I don't anymore. Almost all of the employees were lazy,overpaid, and didn't know anything about their job. Not to mention the huge red tape involving getting anything approved.

Of course, that's a generalized statement that doesn't apply to all fed employees but where I used to work it was a cesspool.

This seems to be the prevailing opinion of federal workers...

Originally Posted by goodtimes
It doesn't surprise me one bit. You should see the hoodrats that work at the one near me.

If you actually talk to the hoodrats instead of just looking at them, I bet you will find they are human and probably have the same concerns in life as you do. USPS delivers mail to every address in the USA six days per week, it is an amazing operation. I can send a letter to Hawaii for 50 cents, and it's there in about three days. I am not complaining about that.

aquariuscsm said:

If you actually talk to the hoodrats instead of just looking at them, I bet you will find they are human and probably have the same concerns in life as you do. USPS delivers mail to every address in the USA six days per week, it is an amazing operation. I can send a letter to Hawaii for 50 cents, and it's there in about three days. I am not complaining about that.[/quot

Well,they sit there and talk among themselves in their ghetto slang instead of acknowledging the costumers in line. And when it's your turn,they just look at you and roll their eyes as if you're some sort of inconvenience to them,disrupting their personal conversations among each other thus making them do the "work" they're being paid to do. And when you say "thank you" at the end of the transaction they ignore you,roll their eyes at you again,or act like you're interrupting their Important personal conversations. Yep,that's some good customer service!

^^Don't know why the format in my reply came out all goofy. Anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pew

This seems to be the prevailing opinion of federal workers...

Normally I wouldn't say such a thing since the front-end workers that face customers and people aren't the same as the back-end people's attitudes, but [censored] it was bad enough to make me never want to go back. I'd rather take a pay cut and keep my sanity than work for the government again. But again, that's not to all federal employees (although the customer-facing ones generally give out the bad rep.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by John_K
Originally Posted by dishdude
I don't get the weird irrational hatred for the post office.

I worked for government most of my career. People hate you because you represent government they don't like, or they think your job is cushy, or because "I pay your salary". Govt workers are an easy target for a lot of anger. People don't seem to get that when you ship UPS or Fedex you are paying their salary as well.

And stockholder, executive salaries, the list goes on. The Federal government does good with the post office.

a
aquariuscsm said:

If you actually talk to the hoodrats instead of just looking at them, I bet you will find they are human and probably have the same concerns in life as you do. USPS delivers mail to every address in the USA six days per week, it is an amazing operation. I can send a letter to Hawaii for 50 cents, and it's there in about three days. I am not complaining about that.[/quot

Well,they sit there and talk among themselves in their ghetto slang instead of acknowledging the costumers in line. And when it's your turn,they just look at you and roll their eyes as if you're some sort of inconvenience to them,disrupting their personal conversations among each other thus making them do the "work" they're being paid to do. And when you say "thank you" at the end of the transaction they ignore you,roll their eyes at you again,or act like you're interrupting their Important personal conversations. Yep,that's some good customer service!

This describes the way the local Lowes used to be, although it is much better these days. But the staff at the local post office are always very friendly and helpful. It seems to me the point is that you can't make sweeping generalizations, public and government have good and bad employees and management.

My only complaints with the USPS are their tracking system, which absolutely sucks (they need to go to a real time system like UPS and Fedex uses), and the fact that they lie about your package in the tracking info. That second part may only be a problem with my local post office, but I have had them list my package as delivered when in fact it hadn't been. I've also had them list a status as "unable to deliver, business closed." I have most of my packages delivered to my work as our office is open and manned 24/7. That's how I know the delivery person has been lying and not even attempting to deliver my package. Why this is done, who knows...

That second part may only be a problem with my local post office, but I have had them list my package as delivered when in fact it hadn't been. I've also had them list a status as "unable to deliver, business closed." I have most of my packages delivered to my work as our office is open and manned 24/7. That's how I know the delivery person has been lying and not even attempting to deliver my package. Why this is done, who knows...

I know because my postman was pulling the same crap. Putting cards in my box that said could not be delivered even though the package would fit inside the mailbox, and no signature was required.

Impossible to find the post master number for my area. Called the post office 800 number, and made a complaint. Next morning I get a call from a local supervisor that gave me his number and extension. I did not ask for it. He said my package will be delivered today. I asked him why am I getting unable to deliver package notices in my mailbox. He said it would not happen again, and that's all he would say about, and I did not add my opinion. Has not happened again, and that's been over a year ago, and I have the same postman.

You know what's going on there. I have dealt with that from all three of the major carriers. Place I used to live was at the end of everyone's route (packages always came way late. 7-8 PM), and about a third of the time the tracking would update with "unable to deliver" with some lame and impossible excuse. They just didn't feel like working any more than day and headed back in. I harassed FedEx, UPS, and USPS until I became such a nuisance that all of a sudden everything started showing up really early in the morning. Guess they wanted to get me out of the way and start abusing other customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back