When the wife comments and you say nothing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife/Girl Friend, you know better to comment back on certain topics. Just got done mowing, washing & waxing my new lawn mower. She says, " thats stupid" for waxing a lawn mower. I dont even smile/grin or nothing. Just let it go!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Waxing a mower? Is this a riding mower, or a push one?

Its a push mower -- what does it matter??? Lol

I'm routinely chastised for "not communicating" while it's true it also spares her a heap of embarrassment. Nobody is perfect for sure but some are more imperfect than others. What is it that the say about those who live in glass houses?

Originally Posted by Zee09
You don't live that far from me- I'd be thrilled to have mine done.
I'd tell the ole lady you're lucky I'm doing it for you.

Where do you reside Zee09? Not that I am gonna mow/wash & wax your mower though.
wink.gif

Do you leave that mower outdoors 24/7?
I have never washed, nor waxed my push mowers. A couple times a year I may rinse it with a garden hose and attached gun. Several times a year I will broom the top-side of the mower. The bottom-side gets scraped a few times per year - only when clumps gather underneath. Only once a year (if that) when I will mow even remotely wet grass.

Baja
Yeah I know lol
I live right in the corner of PA-MD-DE ( Fairhill MD.)
MD- about 8-10 miles from either Oxford PA-Newark DE., Elkton MD., or NE. MD.

50 miles from downtown Baltimore

Right down the road from U of D

Originally Posted by Zee09
Baja
Yeah I know lol
I live right in the corner of PA-MD-DE ( Fairhill MD.)
MD- about 8-10 miles from either Oxford PA-Newark DE., Elkton MD., or NE. MD.
50 miles from downtown Baltimore
Right down the road from U of D

Have you visited the Jimmie Foxx statue in Sudlersville?

We went to visit Hack Wilson's grave in WV when we happened to be on the other side of MD and some goof shot at us with an air rifle or BB gun. I have had enough of WV and Martinsburg in particular after one brief visit!

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I'm routinely chastised for "not communicating" while it's true it also spares her a heap of embarrassment. Nobody is perfect for sure but some are more imperfect than others. What is it that the say about those who live in glass houses?

My wife doesn't seem to understand if I just walk away from a disagreement without saying anything it's because I don't want to have the argument that she will undoubtedly lose and get upset over. It's saving both of us grief. That never clicks with her.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05

Yes and no. I could see doing so with a riding mower - much more surface area, more expensive, etc.. Push mower? Not so much. Seems unnecessary to me. I've had a few in my lifetime, and they never seemed to need a waxing. Wash once in a while? Sure. Wax? Nah.

Just got done mowing, washing & waxing my new lawn mower. She says, " thats stupid" for waxing a lawn mower.

Smart woman. Keep her around.

A very effective technique is called "stealIng the thunder" - "To upstage someone; to destroy the effect of what someone does or says by doing or saying the same thing first".

For instance: " I agree. It's one of the dumbest things I have ever done. But, it's a brand new mower, it only took a few minutes to do, and I get enjoyment out of tinkering with things".

That leaves them with no where to take the "argument".

Originally Posted by doitmyself
A very effective technique is called "stealIng the thunder" - "To upstage someone; to destroy the effect of what someone does or says by doing or saying the same thing first".

For instance: " I agree. It's one of the dumbest things I have ever done. But, it's a brand new mower, it only took a few minutes to do, and I get enjoyment out of tinkering with things".

That leaves them with no where to take the "argument".

Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by exranger06
Just got done mowing, washing & waxing my new lawn mower. She says, " thats stupid" for waxing a lawn mower.

Smart woman. Keep her around.

Something tells me your as lazy as they come.

Yes and no. I could see doing so with a riding mower - much more surface area, more expensive, etc.. Push mower? Not so much. Seems unnecessary to me. I've had a few in my lifetime, and they never seemed to need a waxing. Wash once in a while? Sure. Wax? Nah.

Did this whole topic go over your head apparently?? Besides, its still a $500.00 investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back