Who changed the site format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Eddie
, as an 80 year old, I'd like to see a larger font. d

Keep pressing Ctrl + until it's large enough.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by Artem
You can turn off the right side bar in the settings, I did and it's MUCH better on my iPad.

I don't even see the recent posts bar nor is anything about it available in the setting. Weird.

Oh and is it normal to not get taken to the reply box when you click to quote someone for a reply?

They've moved it already back to the left side, and it appears the setting is now missing to turn it off. Now on my iPad posts are all scrunched up to the side.

When you say SETTINGS do you mean PREFERENCES? Mine is off and I'd like to turn it on.

I may have missed it, but for those who don't know, you have to go back into your settings (which you may not have touched in years!) to select your preferences again:

1. Click on your username in the top right corner of the page

2. Click on "Preferences", just to the right of the gear

3. Play around with settings until you're satisfied.

I just logged in for the first time since the change and couldn't even tell if I was signed in, at first, since the format was similar to that shown when I'm NOT logged in. I was worried that "BITOG - Dark" was gone - NOPE! I just had to select it in my preferences again!

//

One thing that seems to STILL be missing: USER CONTROL PANEL!!!

A page in which ONLY threads I have participated in are listed, and ONLY if they have be posted in since I last viewed that particular thread. I hate having to click on "My Posts" and then scroll down in the thread to see whether there are any new posts since I last checked. Each Subaru forum I participate in has a User CP option, which can be QUICKLY viewed to see if any one has replied since you last checked that thread.

Saves A LOT of time....

Originally Posted by Artem
No you can't vote. It's time for a change, so deal with it.

I'm never a fan of "mobile view" on site. I always request desktop version so I have all the features and buttons just as I do when I'm on my Mac but this format does it make easier to read posts on my iPhone Plus.

+1

Most newer mobile phones (I've got an iPhone 6+) can easily navigate AND scroll within a webpage, making mobile versions more tedious, since some of the features and info I want is then removed. Maybe it helps for those who have even older phones and/or low data caps - I dunno.

Great. Now I have to force desktop version to get the latest posts! :-(

And the new desktop version looks worse than the old one..

Originally Posted by UrS4
Great. Now I have to force desktop version to get the latest posts! :-(

And the new desktop version looks worse than the old one..

Time to host (pay for) your own site, then...

Originally Posted by grampi
...and what the heck happened to the option "my posts"?

Can also get to it from "Show Posts" after going into your profile. But the suggestion made earlier to use the pulldown by your username in the upper RH corner is easier.

IMO the new software is pretty intuitive after you use it for about an hour and snoop around on what does what. Seems like 95+% of it works the same.

To me, this seems more like a change in skin then one of user functionality.
BITOG may also now be running better on my slow connection, or at least it seems to be.
All sites change over time and that isn't too hard to deal with.

This exactly. From our perspective, it's more a change in look than functionality. It might be easier to maintain and more secure, but we don't see that. My thread counters are all in order, my PMs are all in place, and everything works pretty close to the same, so it's growing on me more and more.

Only thing I saw that wasn't retained on my account was the time zone setting. I had to go back into Preferences and set it to my local time so the time stamps on posts show up accurately.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
I liked the old colors better...but I do like that you can turn off the side column

OK then, tell us how to turn off / get rid of the side column?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I liked the old colors better...but I do like that you can turn off the side column

It's no longer an option. It was an option earlier today when they initially upgraded the forum software.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

When it was on the right, there was an on/off option. I turned mine off.
Everyone complained that it needed to be back on the left.
So they moved it to the left.
And now there is no way to turn it off.

The "fix" for one problem creates another one.

There are more color options to choose from (I am liking the Zen setting).

Originally Posted by camrydriver111
Could we have the old colours back?
Old colours? What style/skin were you using in the past? There are 14 different ones available currently (see bottom of the page) - do you not like a single one?

Last edited:
Looks like we lost the ability to upload images.

Picture posting now is horrible. I can't get it to work no matter what I do. That whole link thing is useless. It used to be effortless. You didn't even need a hosting site. You could post images right from your, "My Pictures" folder. Not any more. Something else that was working too well, so it had to be made worse by, "improving it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back