6r80 shift kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone pretty familiar with the Ford 6 speed autos used in their truck line? Going to be dropping my transmission oil pan to do a basic yearly drain and fill and had the shift kit thought pop up. I know a lot of people address shifting via tuners these days but would a quality shift kit like transgo offer any benefits? Truck shifts like a Towncar right now, which is fine, but I've had TransGo kits in 700r4/4L60E trannys before and that was fine, too. Current state is no real issues with the trans but it does stick and slam into 2nd once in a while.

i had a kit in my turbo 350 + loved it, today shifting is mostly computer controlled, another reason to own a manual tranny!!

The hard 1-2 shift is somewhat common to this transmission and, yes, it is best controlled via a custom tune. The 6r80 in my 2009 F150 was much better with the 5star 87 octane performance/tow tune. My 2016 f150 eco is much better right from the factory.

Those newer ones are very nice, my folks have a 15 or 16 with the "same" 5.0 I have and its nice. Better mileage, more get up and go and actually seems to handle tighter. But I have no truck payment
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back