4L80E shift kit?

Have a lead on a local 2WD 4L80E out of an Express van with 67k. According to the ad, it ran and shifted great. Price seems right for mileage.

I want to run it behind a mild cam only 5.3 and or maybe down the road a mild boost application.

Provided it does shift well, what’s the ticket to these? A HD2 Transgo kit?

I do not intend on having to rebuild one or want to pull the whole thing apart. Looking for a quick “go-thru” and run it.

Also how bad would it be to run regular viscosity hygard in one? I have a 5 gallon pail of it. Thought I bought low vis for the 1025r but I mistakenly bought wrong.

The TransGo HD-2 dual feeds the Direct Clutch via a 3-piece separator plate, While it doesn't usually cause issues.....I've seen the plate cause cross leaks.

Internally dual feeding the directs isn't difficult (Removal of the Pump, 4th Clutch Housing, Forward Drum & Direct Drum.
Besides.....The Forward Drum Bushing needs to be replaced with a good Coated Durabond one!

The TransGo HD-2 dual feeds the Direct Clutch via a 3-piece separator plate, While it doesn't usually cause issues.....I've seen the plate cause cross leaks.

Internally dual feeding the directs isn't difficult (Removal of the Pump, 4th Clutch Housing, Forward Drum & Direct Drum.
Besides.....The Forward Drum Bushing needs to be replaced with a good Coated Durabond one!
If someone was to dual feed internally, is there any other kits or pieces you’d recommend installing in the valve body? I have never taken an auto apart but I guess you gotta learn at one point.

I would prefer the kit but hearing you’ve seen the leak tells me I probably should research and just feed it internally and learn.

Back