Unknown 0W/20 - 2015 Tahoe 5.3L - 6,467 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first ever UOA so feel free to give me feedback on my post

My first OC after buying this Tahoe first of May 2018
3 months on this oil (CarMax bulk) May - July, oil life at 18%
Daily Kansas City driver 50/50 City/Hwy although we did about 1700 miles pulling a pop-up camper from Kansas City into the Rockies and back.

Pulled this oil sample then had Molle Chevy do oil change. So my next UOA will be on bulk Delco 0W/20 with a Delco PF63E filter and a new Fram Extra Guard CA8755A

A note on the Silicon - good call by Blackstone to check air filtration. I pulled the air filter to inspect and I'm thinking it could be the factory installed filter (will post a pic later). I was told the GM 60k Service had been completed before buying it... uh, no it wasn't. Shame on me for not at least checking the air filter. So new Fram air filter went in the day after I got report back from Blackstone.

In the next couple weeks I'll be servicing the diffs, transfer case, tranny and brake fluid - fluid recommendations anyone?

Thanks for looking/commenting!

Vis 6.65 is pretty far down there from the starting viscosity of most 0w20s in the 8.5ish range. The engine didn't seem to mind too much though, the wear metals are below universal averages. Still, I personally would be looking for something that would hold it's viscosity a little better, either an oil that doesn't shear as much or a shorter OCI.

Consider doing a TBN next time as well.

Wear metals were fine. No problem here.
Viscosity dropped too much, maybe a little fuel dilution with VII shearing. Its too low. Maybe the next oil won't shear that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back