2007 Sienna, AMSOIL OE 5w-30, 13,195 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a friends Sienna. Not sure why OA is showing a Sierra unless my hand writing is that bad.
smile.gif
He was supposed to come in when his maintenance light came on but he told me he lost track of time and just didn't remember to bring it in. I'm doing 10k oil changes and this one is a little long and the OE is shot. 211k on the vehicle. I also checked the air filter and from what I can tell it was a Toyota filter and was stuffed full. I'm kicking myself for not checking the last oil change but some times he comes in and is in a hurry so I forget to get to it. Not like it is hard to check, four screws and the top of the air box
comes right off.

Oil filter is an Ea15k02.

I little dissapointing for amsoil even if it is oe. Not bad but im sure equal to anything walmart could have supplied at a lower price.

ya, but those engines really don't require much from the engine oil anyway...all will be fine.

Yea 10k would have been a good safe interval for this oil in this engine based on these results after 13k miles.

Yea, the TBN is shot, but the engine didn't seem to mind too much. Iron wear less than 1ppm/1k miles...

Blackstone probably would have come back and said "Try 15,000 miles next time, there's still a small fraction of additive left".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
Yea, the TBN is shot, but the engine didn't seem to mind too much. Iron wear less than 1ppm/1k miles...

Yep at 13k, additive wise, the oil is pretty much done......but that's pretty good for OE, which is only supposed to go to manufacturer's recommended distance. And at only 10ppm iron that's a great report, the oil looks to be in specification otherwise.

Maybe he should move up to XL?

Is it thickening up any? I would definitely cap this oil at 10k max based on these results and at least retest for TBN retention to contrast to this report.

Not a bad report at all Rat. Yes TBN is gone but that's to be expected. Wear metals look great. No makeup oil and a stuffed air filter no less. Even viscosity@100c is not too bad at 10.2 , it starts at 11.0. I just looked at a two year old report from a buddy of yours 05 Tundra with a 4.7 v8 that went 21,500 miles on 5w30 OE no makeup oil either. That was also a very good report all things considered. That was obviously the old formula OE. Was the Sienna's oil the new or the old formula and how long was the oil in the sump? The OE is good value, just as good or better as those brands carried on the Walmart shelves such as Valvoline advanced, Pennzoil Platinum, regular flavor Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec. Like to see if any of those lubes could do any better given what the Tundra and Sienna went through,I highly doubtful it. Cheers to you Rat!

Originally Posted By: PlzRepond
scAmsoil strikes again

How? AMSOIL never states that OE is good for 13,000 miles. It is good for the change interval specified by the mfr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back