VW Tiguan 2013 34000 Miles EA 189

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Need comments on these two samples. The first is 5600 miles (9000 km) after oil/filter change

The next is 3100 miles (5000 km) after oil/filter change. The car has had the EA189 update, (the VW cheating scandale)
I dont have a sample before the update. I have sent the results to the dealer here in Norway. (Still under warranty)

Their response: Why did you take a oil sample ? That is not a common thing to do. What do you want us to do ?
I think they are very surprised..

No oil consumption between oil change. The service indicator for oil change use to come at 13000-14000 miles

Looks like it is trending in the right direction. What is the oil? Castrol LL03 or something else?

The Si is coming down, as are the wear metals. From the first UOA to second, your Si was cut in half, and so was the sympathetic response in wear.
Likely you had a large amount of dirt get into the engine. (was there any work done on it? any air filter change? etc?)
Do another short OCI and try to get the Si down more. Once that is under control the wear metals will probably settle down as well.

BTW - your 6 posts in nearly 12 years may be the record setting level of restraint!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back