2017 6.7L 4976 miles, 185 hours HPL 5w-40 premium

This was sampled and not changed. Truck is on a bypass system, 20 micron primary, 2 micron bypass (amsoil filters and filter head). Silicon is still leaching from upper oil pan reseal about 9000 miles ago. Zero evidence of any dirt in air intake tract. Oil has been in service since October. Also used to tow a 37’ TT since April. Lots of short trips in winter as well. I also installed a high idle switch using PTO wiring connections to eliminate low speed idle time at the time of LOF.

Attachments

• 2849CF95-638F-47F0-BB30-5E29615BD79A.jpeg
    2849CF95-638F-47F0-BB30-5E29615BD79A.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
This was sampled and not changed. Truck is on a bypass system, 20 micron primary, 2 micron bypass (amsoil filters and filter head). Silicon is still leaching from upper oil pan reseal about 9000 miles ago. Zero evidence of any dirt in air intake tract. Oil has been in service since October. Also used to tow a 37’ TT since April. Lots of short trips in winter as well. I also installed a high idle switch using PTO wiring connections to eliminate low speed idle time at the time of LOF.
Are you using an additive? Perhaps the silicone is causing the Oxidation.

@mattd

The fuel is 5% higher and the oil viscosity has decreased.

How are you going to tackle this dilution problem?

I understand that it is not healthy to stay for long periods and in a large percentage. Having a bypass filtration system can retain some of the wear and not be able to see the actual wear caused by dilution.

@mattd

The fuel is 5% higher and the oil viscosity has decreased.

How are you going to tackle this dilution problem?

I understand that it is not healthy to stay for long periods and in a large percentage. Having a bypass filtration system can retain some of the wear and not be able to see the actual wear caused by dilution.
That was the first sample on a previous fill. The current sample is the bottom. There’s was “<2% estimate”. I take that none measurable using GC.

Last edited:
Back