Engine oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero 94 model v6 3000cc gasoline engine, my question is i got a 5L can of liqui Moly SHPD 20W-50 API CH-4/SL ACEA E7-04/B4-04, can i use this in my engine? i am currently using ZIC 20W-50 Synthetic API SM.
i might have heard wrong but someone told me that if the API rating has C category and S Category that means the particular engine oil can be used in both gasoline and diesel engines.
now i dont mind sticking to ZIC but its that i have this can of liqui moly lying around since so long and i have heard that liqui moly makes really good product.

So please help, tell me if i can use it without causing any sort of harm to the motor.

That oil is dual rated CH-4 / SL so its acceptable to use in a spark ignited engine. Lots of us here use C rated only oils in gasoline engines. But since yours is dual rated certainly no reason that I can think of for not using it.

Also,
welcome2.gif
!!!

The “S” means the oil is fine for use in “spark ignition” engines; a “C” means the oil is fine to use in a “compression-ignition”, or “diesel” engine. The Liqui-Moly oil you have can be used for either type of engine. If a 20w-50 viscosity is OK for your Mitsubishi—the weather is hot in your part of Pakistan?—then your Liqui-Moly will be fine in your engine.

yes its very hot ranges from 91.4F to 107F now a days.
and thank you for explaining what the C and F stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back