DeWalt dcf887b 3spd impact driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

link

I picked up one of these last week and got a chance to remove it yesterday to fix my dishwasher.

I love the fact that you can adjust the speed and on the lowest setting it's get for removing the screws and torx bits with ease.

Any other members have this one?

I don't have that brand (Dewalt is a good brand) but the 1/4" is one of the most useful tools I own and wouldn't be without.
You made a wise investment.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Trav. I saw you posts on your Makita 1/2 inch impact. Tool looks impressive.

Since I've switched to DeWalt 20v, I don't want to have different brands and batteries for only one tool. I have this one on my list for a future buy.

link

You are doing it the right way if you have good cordless tools, stay with the brand to get full use of the batteries and chargers.
I like Dewalt stuff, I have some corded tools from them and am totally satisfied.
That 1/2" is a great tool from everything I read, no question its high quality.

I have the Milwaukee Fuel brushless version of that. Definitely has become my go-to tool for a remodel I’m doing. They’re great tools to have!

Last edited:
You will get a lot of use out of a 887 impact driver and the XR 1/2" Mid-Range impact wrench. I have used the older brushed 1/4 impact driver and it has always performed really good. That 1/2" Mid-Range impact wrench seems to be in a sweet spot for size - power, enjoy them!

I just got the dewalt mid range impact with 2 5ah batteries for $136

Its abit of an odd ball vs the big heavy dcf899

I really like its weight though vs the heavy one.

Short comparison

dcf899 high 700 medium 300*(300 something from memory) low is under 70ft/lb (real life)

dcf894 high 350? low 150 middle position is used for smart setting.

I do sort of miss the lower setting on the mid range impact because at 150 it can overtorque lug nuts etc if you arent careful.

The "big" impact on the low setting is about perfect then finish off with torque wrench.

The mid range is much nicer for changing blades on tractors etc. I actually twisted my bad wrist trying to center a blade while overextended.. that 10lb impact has a decent amount of leverage on you fully extended out laying on the ground. The dcf894 is more compact and much lighter. It wouldnt take off a very over torqued 1.5" nut on a trailer hitch though.. the dcf899 had it off in about 2seconds.

I pretty much dont use the dcf899 anymore.. but its nice to have occasionally. I've considered selling it... but when you need one.. its just so handy.

I was considering a different brand but getting the 2 extra 5ah batteries made sense esp for my dewalt brushless grinder.. the impacts themselves can go pretty much forever on 1 5ah battery.. as long as you arent hammering on some stuck semi lugs etc.

The grinder blows through one in 15min of hard/heavy use.

($167 after tax and 18% off on the GC =~~138)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back