Dave thinks I can make it 12--15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
After visiting with Dave, he seems pretty confident that I can go a long time on their 0w20. I did go over eleven with pennzoil ULTRA with room to spare. Think I'm gonna try for twelve. Anyone else done a similar? Thanks

Originally Posted By: Marco620
After visiting with Dave, he seems pretty confident that I can go a long time on their 0w20. I did go over eleven with pennzoil ULTRA with room to spare. Think I'm gonna try for twelve. Anyone else done a similar? Thanks

You obviously are not first and last owner of your vehicles. If you were, then you would treat those vehicles better than that.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

You obviously are not first and last owner of your vehicles. If you were, then you would treat those vehicles better than that.

Do even you know the suggested OCI for these?

You better be able to considering the price, right? ExxonMobil guarantees you can go 15,000 miles on Mobil 1 EP available at Walmart for less than half the price.

How many miles are you planning on getting out of your Civic?

You're a prime candidate for Mobil 1 AP. Run it out to where they say you can.

Id bet you can go 15 without issue. You put tons of hwy miles on that car. Why not just go 15k miles and get a UOA? Worst that happens is you find the oil hasnt held up and you can change your OCI to a lesser interval.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
If I had a dollar for every time your mentioned Mobil -- I could retire a year earlier!!! Lol

Ps. Just joking Tig1

At least it isn't Mobile

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Id bet you can go 15 without issue. You put tons of hwy miles on that car. Why not just go 15k miles and get a UOA? Worst that happens is you find the oil hasn't held up and you can change your OCI to a lesser interval.

RL oils are fine. It's a good experiment. Do 15K and a UOA. Then you'll know
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Did Dave know you poured a bunch of other junk in your crankcase besides oil? It

This is a more than fair question. They can stand by their oil, but they may have second thoughts when they find out that a foreign substance has been mixed in. In this instance, I doubt anyone can predict how long this mixture will hold up. You'd be better off just sending off a sample at your normal interval and then make the determination of whether it can go further than that.

If I had a dollar for every time your mentioned Mobil -- I could retire a year earlier!!! Lol

Ps. Just joking Tig1

I'm pretty sure Tig has stock with Mobil or has some other vested interest with it? No way someone can praise something like Tig does with Mobil oil if there isn't something of benefit to him in doing so.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Zee09

Ps. Just joking Tig1

At least it isn't Mobile

Do you know the one with Mobile2?
(Tig1's story was with Mobil2)

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Do even you know the suggested OCI for these?

I suppose you also believe everything you read on the internet?..... TV too...... hahahaha

Why don't you write another reply like yours - AFTER keeping your last 4 residential vehicles from birth until old-age rust-bucket death - like I've done?

Had you done so, then you'd never type a response like that.
..... or are you one of those characters that take very little care of your purchased items?..... then sell it premature to old age?
I suppose you are, judging by your response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back