The Korean War is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apprehensive, but hopefully they turn a new page and put the last 65 years behind them. North Korea has 1000% been out of their darn mind. Hopefully, the fat kid with the funny haircut comes to his sense some day. Having your family members eaten by packs of hungry dogs and shooting your uncle with anti-aircraft guns though...doesn't look promising.

Hopefully, this is a reason to celebrate. Better than the opposite.

Suspicion is that they are running into some problem with their nuclear program and they are scrapping it because of that.

Now if you have picked a fight and then surrender, you are not going to be treated well afterward. I suspect the big boy will die mysteriously.

Until a official treaty is signed, I’ll wait. CNN is not exactly the most accurate news source.

Be that said, I do hope it happens. Trust but verify.

Could be a JTF coup to rid him if he doesnt settle down. I would love to see everyone tolerate each other. War doesnt determine who is right but it does on who is left.

Considering how bad the food situation is in North Korea right now, and how GOOD the South Koreans have things, especially technologically, I think Kim finally realized he had better start playing nice before everything completely fell apart.

Better to admit you were wrong and maybe benefit from peace than to push forward and get crushed under the weight of your own failure.

I'll believe it when I see it on Faux News, not Fake News!
28.gif

36.gif

Honestly, for them to denuclearize BEFORE receiving major concessions from the UN is laughable. We'll demand they do so before we release them from the strangling sanctions and they'll demand the opposite.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I feel as if this meeting and statement is little more than meaningless optimism, in the heat of the moment. Kind of like everything that comes out of Trumps mouth...

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Agreed^.
I think China influenced him too.

Oh I'm pretty sure he got the ultimatum (or else) and guarantee of safety from them. They won't get 3 generations of inheritance without you know who's blessing.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I was just stating the War is formally over. It doesn't mean Kim might not light it up tomorrow. But, the declaration of peace is a huge deal.

IBTL

On the other hand, I personally don't think he's as nutty as the media portrays.

Kim's been making nice all over recently.
Could be that he's recognized the long dead-end road his country has imposed upon its people for decades.
Could also be that his only benefactor, China, has told him that they need the West more than they need his hermit kingdom.
Either way, an opening appears to be in the offing.
Kim's meeting with our president will help clarify what he really has in mind.
Would be nice to see the only remaining Cold War holdout join the community of nations.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'll believe it when I see it on Faux News, not Fake News!
28.gif

36.gif

Honestly, for them to denuclearize BEFORE receiving major concessions from the UN is laughable. We'll demand they do so before we release them from the strangling sanctions and they'll demand the opposite.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I feel as if this meeting and statement is little more than meaningless optimism, in the heat of the moment. Kind of like everything that comes out of Trumps mouth...

I'm wondering when Trump will be receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. Certainly his tough stance has achieved more than any past Administration, in potentially achieving peace on the Korean peninsula..

As for the Korean War being over, my Korean War Veteran Father will be pleased to hear it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back