2016 Audi S4 19,200 Miles - Castrol Edge 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done with the mods. All functional! I cringe seeing nice European sports cars ruined by kids with cheap coil overs and stretched tires on wheels that don’t fit.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Well done with the mods. All functional! I cringe seeing nice European sports cars ruined by kids with cheap coil overs and stretched tires on wheels that don’t fit.

You mean the "wannabe racer" cars with wheels that look as though they're about to fall off?

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46

Yep I remember. Glad it worked out for you. Motul is good oil but I’d say Castrol beats it in performance and at almost half the price. I just bought some at $21 a jug!

It’s all a matter of perspective. Here Castrol 0W40 is twice the price of the Motul.
But yes, the X-Cess 5W40 is an « average » oil (compared to other 5W40 with 229.5, nothing to write home about), pretty similar to the Total Quartz 9000 Energy that is sold half the price of the Motul
laugh.gif

I guess Motul aquired the « boutique » status for its 300V oils.. but certainly not for the X-Cess. Or maybe...maybe 15 years ago it was the crop of the cream of the 5W40, and they didn’t make improvements since ? I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back