W/O FACEBOOK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I believe the vast majority of users treat it like their own narcissistic shrine to themselves

LOL. Very true and unfortunate especially in younger folks.

I have a Facebook. On a few times a week if that.

Specialty car groups, upcoming events (mainly car shows, craft beer festivals, cooking pages etc.), car and animal photos and the occasional flirtatious, yet sarcastic post to my girlfriend. Pretty much sums up my usage.

I have a few out of state and country friends that it's nice to keep up with. We message back and forth every once in a while. Better than everyone having my personal email.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Bitog is my Facebook. No Twitter or others either.

Yep.

No facebook, but I do have what a mate refers to as "FaceBook for F-Wits", Linkedin.

Twitter, only so I can keep up with the magical realism bot, so that I can translate the next memo that comes out.

I got on one day and was off the next.
Too many strangers want to be my friend.
There are way too many folks that self worship themselves.
This place takes up too much of my energy anyway.
I'm no social butterfly.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Never had it and never will. I don't care about how your day was, how you feel, what you watch on TV, what movie you saw, what your eating, when you last went to the toilet, what he/she will do, did, wants to do, might do or anything else, I don't give a fiddlers ef.
If I feel the need to talk to someone or someone want to talk to me pick up the phone and make it short, I don't need the thing trying to take root in my ear.

^^This!

I'll add an addendum. I also don't want to see burned out middle aged women making duck faces.

Man,you guys must have some interesting friends on facebook....

I am on FB, but mostly for my family, friends (many live out of state)and my car friends over the years. Some do come with drama once in a while, but like anything else in life, I don't sweat it. I keep my group pretty small, so that also helps.

Also helps that I could care less about what people think of me..(besides, you all love me here...
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Bitog is my Facebook. No Twitter or others either.

Yep.

No facebook, but I do have what a mate refers to as "FaceBook for F-Wits", Linkedin.

Twitter, only so I can keep up with the magical realism bot, so that I can translate the next memo that comes out.

My buddy calls Linkedin the same thing...I love it!
crackmeup2.gif
I am on that too, but only for the use of a better job....

I'm on facebook...for my kids who don't use it, it's for old people now. Rellies, old friends, we don't comunicate much, we are all over the world, but we see what each other are doing...still alive and stuff like that. Just to know that my cousins, friends I've had for 40 or 50 years are there, within reach, if we need each other. I don't get the adds, people wanting to be my friend, posts about what fingernail polish etc, I have permanent add blocker. If sites block me because I block their adds, then I don't go there.

No facebook here. I don't text or have a smart phone either. I keep my life simple, i prefer face to face relationships. Not knocking facebook, its just not for me in my current employment. I'd either have to accept all my staff as friends or none of them.

I have about 90 "friends" on FB, 2 are from here, the rest are either railroaders, Indians or relatives.

While I'm at it... RIP "The Gunny". An American icon.

I closed down my account a few years ago and have not missed it. They did reopen it a day or three later on the theory I suppose that I might have second thoughts. So I closed it down again, and it has remained closed.

I do not see my self opening a FB account ever again as I got nothing out of it other than reading some political debates among school mates who I had not been in contact with for decades, and never really liked them in the first place.

Nope....no social media here either. Staying in touch with friends or relatives I can sort of see but IMHO, nothing beats a phone call if you can't catch up face-to-face. A few years back I was having luch with a guy 11yrs older than me....he was taking pictures of his food and sending them to his lady friend.....he was close to 60!

Give...me...a...break.......that's just NUTS!

I've still got Facebook because I travel A LOT and it helps keep me up on what's going on with family at home.

I'm also a member in a few car and buy/sell groups.

I have it... Its the only form of social media I really use, I don't use twitter/snapchat and whatever else is out there. I keep my contacts count low. Only real way to keep in touch with friends/family anymore, honestly. And follow a few companies for info and whatnot.

I don't wear a tin foil hat and can care less what data they try to pull from me. I am very uninteresting compared to many others, I'm sure, so whatever. When bored at work, it is a good way to pass the time. I don't actively use it and post very little, more-so read.

I have FB and enjoy it. I use it mainly for the different groups I'm a member of for subjects that I'm interested in. It also helps me keep up with my family who is scattered all over the states.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I only have a linked in account and may delete that one as well

Don't.

Of all places this helps you find jobs, and let recruiters find you. Keep it and leave it for a recruiter from a company you want to work for approach you.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Of all places this helps you find jobs, and let recruiters find you. Keep it and leave it for a recruiter from a company you want to work for approach you.

^^This

Keep your Linkedin for the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back