Napa Gold 7356, ~6600 mi. cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bypass valve itself is usually metal, or plastic, sealing on metal. It should be tight enough to be as good as the filter element in allowing particles to pass. I did see a number 2 stamped in Champ labs endcaps, right at the bypass spring, that I believe could leak a little. On the other hand, no doubt a gasket is more perfect. On the other hand, it probably makes not one bit of difference. The picture shows the seal marking skips over the number 2, since the 2 is stamped and the metal is slightly depressed.
Nice nearly closed louvers too. The other side they are opened better.

Here's the topic 7356 with all parts and coil compression spring in it's uncompressed state in the can. The coil spring requires significant force to compress the element, bypass and tapping plate to it's closed state. Wix has been using this design for as long as I can remember, think they have an idea of the pressure required to maintain seal integrity. In the dome bypass filters like XL, a spacer is used in place of the thread end bypass. But same seal and coil spring compression principle applies. I'm confident it functions properly as designed.

Sayjac said:
^^^^ I'd appreciate it as a common courtesy and board etiquette, in the future if you're going to quote me, you not include your comments/reply within my quote. Makes it difficult for readers to see the difference between the original quote, and the reply. A moderator has referenced the practice in the past as one that should be avoided.

As for paying reading and paying attention, something I try do as regular practice. I try to do it for many different threads and posts for future reference, and perhaps to help someone with a question. However, seeing as you felt the compulsion to repeat oft posted thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back