Best "wax as you dry" type spray wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
What do you all think about this stuff? Walmart lists it online near me,I may go check in person.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Blazin_Banana_Spray_Wax_16_oz_p/wac21516.htm

My apologies if it was mentioned already in the tread. I was at Walmart yesterday and they no longer carry Eagle One stuff (I was going to try the regular Wax As U Dry over the Nano Wax). What's everyone's favorite that can be bought at the common locales (Walmart,Autozone,etc)?

If I didn't have a almost full bottle of the old Eagle One Nanowax, I would have tried them out.

Although I think Chemical Guys at Wal-Mart isn't a good seller and they are marketed not for price-point customers. The "nicer" Wal-Mart near the parents had CG stuff, but Meguiar's and Turtle Wax move more off the shelves.

Adding to the list of spray on-wash off sealants, Sonax has come out with their Spray and Seal. Just spray on and then hose off. A final dry and buff with a good microfiber towel and that is it. It supposedly will last a few months but the ease of the job really appeals to those who are time constrained. So far the reviews have been very positive.

My favorite spray wax,Eagle One Nano Wax decided to change the formula. First thing I noticed was the coconut smell was gone. Next thing I noticed was the color,it's now white instead of clear. It now leaves black plastic trim slightly white and chalky whereas it used to make it really rich and glossy. I also noticed it leaves white hazy residue on the paint. Why do companies "ruin" excellent products?

I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been through so many of these, "Wax As You Dry" products over the years because the companies who produce them couldn't leave well enough alone. I finally settled on Turtle Wax, "Wax As You Dry". It is a clear liquid that is sprayed on a wet car after the final rinse, then dried normally. It worked well, didn't streak, and left an excellent shine. You could get overspray on glass and flat black trim, and it wouldn't effect it, or make it chalky and leave a white residue. Water would bead like crazy during the next wash, regardless of how long it was.

Now I'm finding it increasingly hard to get. Wal-Mart used to carry it in abundance. Now they hardly ever have it in stock.... At least by me. Same with most of the other chain auto parts stores. So when I set out this past week to wash, clay bar, and polish my new Toyota Camry, I took a chance and bought 2 bottles of Meguiar's "Shine As You Dry Quik Wax". Because I had run out of the Turtle Wax product, and got sick of hunting for it.

I found it to work just as well, if not better than the Turtle Wax, "Wax As You Dry". The main thing I look for with these products is ease of on/off application. And how well they shine and bead water after they are applied. Many streak and leave a haze that you have to keep going over. Which defeats the whole purpose of using these type of products, because they end up turning the whole thing into a time consuming production. All because some nit wit "engineer" decided to, "improve" it. Back to not being able to leave well enough alone.

I try to stay away from all of these spray on "detailers" that go on a clean, dry car because it creates yet another time consuming step in the cleaning process. That, and the fact I've found most of the one's I've tried simply don't work that well, and aren't worth the cost and effort to apply them. Let alone apply them after every wash.

So I'm hoping this Meguiar's product will stay on the shelves unchanged in time to come. They have created a good product that works very well. Let's hope they don't screw it up by trying to, "improve" it.

I bought this last Sunday. Reminds me of the old school Nano Wax. Sprays out clear,no white streaking on the paint,and makes the black plastic trim look deep,shiny,and conditioned with no whiting. So far,so good!
https://www.turtlewax.com/our-products/quick-and-easy/turtle-wax-wax-dry-spray-wax

I picked up a bottle of this yesterday and used it after the car wash. I like it so far. This stuff is great. It's a big bottle...more fluid ounces than any others. Under $5/bottle. Goes on easily, no streaking and it's great on glass and plastic tpp. Shine was great and of course it rained 30 minutes after I did my Lincoln MKX...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Toros
of course it rained 30 minutes after I did my Lincoln MKX...

I swear,washing your car is like doing a rain dance!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back