antifreez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how often do you change your coolent? the tecs in my home town say leave it in for five
years both cars are 2015 hyundais.the sonata has 21000 thousand miles and the santafe has
25000 miles on it.

Most of the newer coolants are good for 5 years. Traditional green is good for 2-3.

Toyota's factory fill of their Super Long Life pink coolant is good for 10 yrs\100K per Toyota.

So how long it can be ran is dependant on the coolant.

With conventional green in a cast iron block - every other year at least. I had a Taurus with the vulcan engine that never crudded up the cooling system. My Truck and Jeep take conventional green and have cast iron blocks, so they continue to get coolant flushes every other year.

The Subaru is some sort of long life coolant, but I plan on keeping this one forever, so it will get changed around 60K or so.

About every other year. Coolant is cheap enough anyways as long as you don't buy it from the dealer. I see it as cheap insurance, considering a heater core job can be real expensive.

I change coolant less than every 5 years. Doesn't matter which coolant or engine material. They don't seem to corrode like they used to. Went 8 years or more in a 98 dodge mini van without any problems.

I've been adding RMI-25 to mine every 15,000 miles as directed and I don't plan to ever change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back