Chevy cruze battery light on, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I make a habit of turning everything off whem the engine is off, but let's be real: if a car is driven long enough to maintain a mostly-full battery, 15 min of listening to the radio is nothing. How much power do you guys think a radio draws at low volumes, compared to incandescent (OE) map and dome lights, which typically stay on for several minutes at a time, as we load/unload gear and kids?

//

OP: disregard anyone who makes the blanket statement to simply purchase a new battery. Why?

1. If the battery is starting your car just fine, then why the heck would you need a new battery

And

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
You have retained accessory power where the radio will play for 15 min as long as door not opened. In accessory, after 15 the bat light will come on as a warning that you are running a chance of excess battery rundown. That is all

Rod

If this is true, it might be in your owner’s manual. Have you checked there???

3.Finally, you havent provided enough data for anyone to determine the status of your battery. Voltage; Cranking speed (normal or slow); load test results, etc..........

Actually, if this car has the Pioneer sound system with subwoofer, and touchscreen MyLink, along with satellite radio, quite a bit of power, actually.

When my battery goes in the cruze I'm putting the larger size in, apparently it will take two larger different sizes than the recommended.

H5 with dimensions of 9 9/16 L x 6 7/8 W x 7 1/2
H6 with dimensions of 11 L x 6 7/8 W x 7 1/2
H7 with dimensions of 12 7/16 L x 6 7/8 W x 7 1/2

Although the H6 is probably the best value. It's only $10 more than the H5 but the H7 is $40 more than the H5 going by Walmart prices for the Maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back