AR run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when Colt 6920s had carry handles you could find take offs for cheap. Looks like a Colt carry handle is gonna run over a hundred these days.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Back when Colt 6920s had carry handles you could find take offs for cheap. Looks like a Colt carry handle is gonna run over a hundred these days.

My 6920 is labeled M4 Carbine.

I do want a full 20" upper. The top of a Colt AR-15 would be ideal, but the lower is banned by name in NJ.

They're like $600+ as pull-offs. For that money aid be better off going with an A2 NM from RRA though I don't know enough about that brand.

The lower receiver markings are the issue? I'm not up on NJ law. Palmetto sells 20 inch rifle kits on occasion to go with your compliant lower. $600 doesn't sound too bad for a new complete Colt A4 upper.

The lower receiver markings are the issue? I'm not up on NJ law. Palmetto sells 20 inch rifle kits on occasion to go with your compliant lower. $600 doesn't sound too bad for a new complete Colt A4 upper.

It's very idiotic. Banned by name. $600 was what I recall seeing for an A2 AR15 upper. Not banned by itself because I'm guessing there are no roll marks - just would need to deal with flash hider evil feature, which is nbd. I assume with a bcg for that money. But a whole 6920 is like $700-900.

That's why I was thinking perhaps an RRA NM A2 may be the better deal, or not...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I do want a full 20" upper. The top of a Colt AR-15 would be ideal, but the lower is banned by name in NJ.

Why? Is it because of the "For Law Enforcement Use Only" markings?

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Why? Is it because of the "For Law Enforcement Use Only" markings?

Not at all.

Its because of the AR-15 markings!

Quote:
13:54-1.2 Definitions

"Assault firearms" means:
1. The following firearms:
Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series

So banned by name. Idiocy.

Since a Colt M4 Carbine isnt banned by name, it can be acquired, so long as other regulations are met.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I'm not a super gun aficionado, but I do have several Firearms. I have a Mini-14, which I have large capacity mags for, and a folding stock. I've pondered buying some AR-15 variant, but I'm not sure that it would do anything better than my Mini-14.

So my question is: Is there any advantage in the AR platform, for a casual target shooter?
It all depends on what You want and like. The AR 15 is probably the easiest gun to work on ever made, except for the Glock. The mini with the folding stock just oozes cool.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Over the past two years, with prices dropping to the lowest I've seen, and with places like SGAmmo selling in bulk at very good prices, I've stocked up on ammo. Over 15,000 rounds of rim fire. An equal number of centerfield rifle and handgun. I buy a case at a time. No sense messing around with hundreds of rounds in an order. I've got a minimum of 1,000 rounds for every caliber I own. Over 5,000 for the popular calibers, like 9mm and 5.56mm.

No different than buying stocks on the dip. Ammo has been on sale for the past two years. I plan to enjoy my hobby and keep shooting through the next crisis/panic, so while I won't buy guns at inflated prices, I will have the ability to hit the range when I feel like it.

I have been kicking the idea around about buying a LE trade in G22. As bad as I want to own a Glock, I am going to do as you, Astro14, are doing. I really don't need another gun, because I can't even shoot all of the one's I currently own.
I have been posting Q?'s about ammo because I need info about ammo before I buy it.

I may be part of the problem here. On the advice of a friend, I bought a stripped AR lower and a parts kit 'just in case' even though I had no interest in owning one. My wife would divorce me.

Doesn't seem to be a big run on them around here. The big box stores seem to have dozens of them. I just purchased my first AR this evening from a LGS, and they had several others there in need of a good home.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Prices are steady. It really isn't a run you til you start seeing the price gouging...
A lot of places are probably happy to move some of the stock they've been sitting on since 2016. I predict a panic soon.

I totally agree! I have been reading about it A LOT lately. And, it will get worse before it gets better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/81rbun/panic_buying_or_normal_availability/

I'm seeing a lot of AR-15's back in stock at Davidson's. They're stock, or lack there of, is always a good barometer of overall sales. They move a lot of guns nationwide.

I've been looking at the S&W M&P-10 Sport. Grab A Gun is the cheapest for this model at $829. They were going for even less, pre-Parkland. Now, whenever they get a shipment, and they send the emails out notifying people who are on the waiting list, they sell out within a few minutes. I've been emailed 3 times that they were back in stock, only to have them sold out by the time I can get logged into the site.

Crazy. They couldn't give ARs away a few months ago.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I've been looking at the S&W M&P-10 Sport. Grab A Gun is the cheapest for this model at $829. They were going for even less, pre-Parkland. Now, whenever they get a shipment, and they send the emails out notifying people who are on the waiting list, they sell out within a few minutes. I've been emailed 3 times that they were back in stock, only to have them sold out by the time I can get logged into the site.

I have bought a majority of my firearms from GAG.
In 2016, my son and I each bought an AR-556 from GAG. I signed up for their NOTIFY ME option to see each time they would get a new shipment of the AR-556. I just like to see what the current price is on the AR-556. A few months ago, they were $499, and they couldn't give them away. After the current FL. shooting, I get an update, check it, and they're sold out within minutes. PANIC BUYING at its best!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

I have bought a majority of my firearms from GAG.
In 2016, my son and I each bought an AR-556 from GAG. I signed up for their NOTIFY ME option to see each time they would get a new shipment of the AR-556. I just like to see what the current price is on the AR-556. A few months ago, they were $499, and they couldn't give them away. After the current FL. shooting, I get an update, check it, and they're sold out within minutes. PANIC BUYING at its best!

Well, as I sit on vacation here on the Redneck Riviera, in Gulf Shores, Alabama, I finally got a notification this morning at 0600 that Grab A Gun had the Smith & Wesson M&P 10 Sport (16” barrel) back in stock. They’ve previously sent me notifications that the rifles were back in stock, only to be sold out by the time I was able to log in on the website.

This morning, I got the last one they had in stock. Had to pay $889 plus $7.99 shipping. That’s $60 higher than the last shipment they got, but hey, supply & demand. And that’s still the lowest price I could find.

Pretty dang excited! This will be my first .308!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back