5VZ-FE overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting for my friends son; they don't have internet access @ the house.

I have not looked @ the vehicle; i indicated i would toss something out on the web since neither of us are particularly knowledgeable about this motor.

'96 T100 seems to be overheating; thermostat and radiator have been replaced and coolant is still overflowing into the overflow tank.

I think about 140K miles. I don't believe the WP or TB have been changed; my initial inclination is to believe the HG has blown or cracked head and is pressurizing the coolant jacket. Any chance the WP impellers are worn out and not circulating the coolant fast enough? That used to be an issue on 70s V8 iron, but i pulled the WP on my echo @ well over 200K (i think) and it looked like it just came from the factory.

Any insight into specific weakness to this engine appreciated... poking around it seems not to be the most reliable head/block combo.

TYIA

-Thomas

Do a pressure test at least to get some idea, a cylinder leak down test would pinpoint a blown HG quickly. At this point it could be anything and impossible to guess at.

Buy a 50.00 bore scope that uses a smartphone. Pull each plug and see if there’s water. Does the clutch fan work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back