Lucas Magnum Synthetic 15w40 CJ-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they put any specific esters in it too get it that high, or are they just putting a ton of VII in a group I or II

Originally Posted By: Brian553
Do they put any specific esters in it too get it that high, or are they just putting a ton of VII in a group I or II

It's a Lucas product. What do you think? I doubt Lucas knows what an ester is, much less put it in their product.
The only think listed on the MSDS is a 1 to 5% concentration of Phosphorodithioic acid, O,O-di-C1-14-alkyl esters, zinc salts.
Most blenders will list an ester if it's got it. They won't even list the base oil!
This stuff is 17.00 a gallon at Rural King. It's possible it's half Lucas stabilizer and half used hydraulic oil. Maybe....
(I'd still take the 12.99 for 2 gallons of Harvest King over it.)

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Seeing M1 0w40 is 186 I don't believe it either.

Typo.

It must be multiple typos. I plugged the cSt values @ 40c and 100c into the Widman VI calculator and the value came back to the as-listed 195.

So they are totally fudging all their advertised specs or this stuff is potentially the most bada$$, best synthetic 15w40 out there...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Originally Posted By: Brian553

It's a Lucas product. What do you think? I doubt Lucas knows what an ester is, much less put it in their product.
The only think listed on the MSDS is a 1 to 5% concentration of Phosphorodithioic acid, O,O-di-C1-14-alkyl esters, zinc salts.
Most blenders will list an ester if it's got it. They won't even list the base oil!
This stuff is 17.00 a gallon at Rural King. It's possible it's half Lucas stabilizer and half used hydraulic oil. Maybe....
(I'd still take the 12.99 for 2 gallons of Harvest King over it.)

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back