Lucas CJ-4 15W40 Synthetic, 144 quarts, $133 delivered; Zoro

So I just called Zoro customer service as well. A few others have already posted that they did too. American lady that was super nice. I was totally upfront with her and gave her the Zoro # listed for the Red N Tacky grease that is only $0.30/tube - but you have to buy 900 tubes. She said it is 100% legit and real. I asked her why it is so cheap and how can they not be losing money. She said it is direct with Lucas not their own inventory so they don't really care and don't have visibility to that part of it. But after I told her how insanely cheap it is she confirmed to me MULTIPLE times that this and everything else you see on their website for these Lucas deals is legit and you will get 900 tubes of great, 144 quarts of oil, or whatever else it says it is.

Even though it is crazy cheap I use like maybe 1 tube of grease a year so buying the 900 just doesn't make sense for me. I don't really even have room to store all that in the garage! So I'm going to pass on that buy definitely buying other stuff like the brake fluid and a few key others. I want to buy more and try to resell it for a profit but have no real ability to retail this stuff other than FB market place, Craigslist, etc. etc. I'll probably have a BUNCH of time wrapped up into selling them that it just isn't worth it.

I'm now 100% confident this is all real though and whatever you order, you will receive. Unless someone at Lucas oil changes their mind but in that case I'm also confident Zoro would issue you a refund. Their customer service is very good as already noted in this thread as well. But just in case make sure you purchase with a Credit Card that has an easy a good charge back scenario.

I placed an order and am confident it will work out well.

For Lucas Oil Synthetic SAE 15W-40 (Mfr #10298, Zoro #G203505460) it says:

Their math is fine.
$156.60 / 12 = $13.05
$13.05 / 12 = $1.0875

Same thing for Lucas Oil Dot 3 Brake Fluid (Mfr #10825, Zoro #G403528672) it says:

Again their math is fine.
$60.60 / 12 = $5.05
$5.05 / 12 = $0.4208333333333333
Yep their math is correct and I confirmed with Zoro customer service that is what you are paying and will be getting. It's 100% legit from the research I could do short of calling Lucas direct which I aint doing haha.

She said it is direct with Lucas not their own inventory so they don't really care and don't have visibility to that part of it. But after I told her how in.
This part is concerning. But still hoping my skepticism is wrong.

At this exact moment it reminds me of the M211 scam on ebay. Someone was selling them for something like $400 or $500. Guys even got tracking numbers and EVERYONE in that thread was waiting for the FIRST person to receive......a box of paper. I think some people got bricks or similar. Not identical because Zoro is legit, but the waiting for the first big reveal feels the same ;)

This part is concerning. But still hoping my skepticism is wrong.

At this exact moment it reminds me of the M211 scam on ebay. Someone was selling them for something like $400 or $500. Guys even got tracking numbers and EVERYONE in that thread was waiting for the FIRST person to receive......a box of paper. I think some people got bricks or similar. Not identical because Zoro is legit, but the waiting for the first big reveal feels the same ;)
Skepticism is good in these situations but I'm comfortable enough to order after speaking with them. If there is an issue I absolutely believe Zoro customer service would take care of it, or a charge back on the credit card as a last defense. Proceed as you see fit.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Just to add to the fun. So I got part of my order today (see other Zoro thread). 6 qts, not 36 qts of 0w-40. I also ordered the 5w-50 and the 15w-40 which didn't ship yet.
In my Grainger packing slip it has a note at the bottom:
Part #10298 (the 15w-40) cancelled due to being discontinued.

Just to add to the fun. So I got part of my order today (see other Zoro thread). 6 qts, not 36 qts of 0w-40. I also ordered the 5w-50 and the 15w-40 which didn't ship yet.
In my Grainger packing slip it has a note at the bottom:
Part #10298 (the 15w-40) cancelled due to being discontinued.
ruh-roh

I think Lucas just realized they screwed up and it was easiest to tell Grainger the product simply no longer exists. By Zoro's own admission Lucas was able to edit/post listings on the Zoro site directly themselves.

I cancelled the rest of my order and Zoro is sending me a return shipping label for the 6 qts I received. They have already refunded my money before shipping it back so their customer service is top notch with me. It's all good.

For Zoro, if I don’t have a 20 % coupon, I just leave my order in my cart, and I’ve always received a 20 % off discount code within half a day.

So mine should've shipped Jan 28th. Just got an email saying its delayed and if it doesn't ship in 7 days, the order will be cancelled automatically. Just been letting this one play out.

So mine should've shipped Jan 28th. Just got an email saying its delayed and if it doesn't ship in 7 days, the order will be cancelled automatically. Just been letting this one play out.
Same here.

IMG_4139.jpeg

This reminds me of the govets/grainger duramax oil situation of <2022?> I think very early people did get their big six gallon boxes but then all orders were canceled

Got an email from Zoro today informing me that my order had been canceled. Color me “not surprised.”

Like the old saying goes, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is…

Back