Saw a beauty during my lunch break today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this down by the local Pho restaurant when I was getting my lunch, about 30 minutes ago. Just gorgeous.

2rqfsyu.jpg

For those wondering, it's a Mclaren 720s 'luxury'. Gotta love working in Scottsdale.

The last place I'd be parking it was in that spot in the lot. I'd searching for some distant obscure spot where others wouldn't want to park.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The last place I'd be parking it was in that spot in the lot. I'd searching for some distant obscure spot where others wouldn't want to park.
wink.gif

LOL, me too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I'm more jealous of you having pho for lunch than of the owner of that car.

LOL I hear that. I love pho, and I'll eat it whenever I get the chance. I was despairing not having any place near work to get good pho, and then I just randomly came across this place one day when I was picking up work from a place near it. Great pho. If you're ever in or near Scottsdale, check out Tea Light Cafe.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
wink.gif

Yeah.. most places, I think about that too, even for my daily driver.. but in this parking lot, I generally don't worry. There are a LOT of very nice cars regularly parked there. In addition to the Mclaren, there was a stunning AMG S63 sedan, multiple other Mercedes, a flawless 911, and plenty of other higher end Acuras, Lexuses (Lexii?), Infinitis, etc.. As much as I like my car, I always find myself feeling poor when I park there. The vehicle just next to the Mclaren in that photo was a newer Acura MDX.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I'm more jealous of you having pho for lunch than of the owner of that car.

LOL I hear that. I love pho, and I'll eat it whenever I get the chance. I was despairing not having any place near work to get good pho, and then I just randomly came across this place one day when I was picking up work from a place near it. Great pho. If you're ever in or near Scottsdale, check out Tea Light Cafe.

Thanks for the tip...if you're ever in St Paul MN, my buddy took me to this place and it was great. I didn't even have pho (went with shredded pork belly over rice), but my friend told me his was incredible.
http://iphomn.com/

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I gotta know. Does it have glass or plastic headlights?

Wish I could say, but I did not touch the car. It wasn't mine, the owner was not around to ask, so I did not feel it would be appropriate to touch it. I don't like it when people touch my car, so I don't touch other people's cars without getting the go-ahead.

If I see it again, I will see if I can find out.

What would make you think it's glass?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Can't tell from the picture:
Is that car quick, nimble and light or brutishly powerful?

It's rated at 710 bhp and has a curb weight of 3167 pounds. I'd say all of the above. Higher HP to weight ratio than the Ferrari F12. The published numbers are substantially conservative as recent dyno tests place the horsepower at the rear wheels at nearly 800 hp.

Also, it gets a combined avg 26.4 mpg, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: Kira
Can't tell from the picture:
Is that car quick, nimble and light or brutishly powerful?

It's rated at 710 bhp and has a curb weight of 3167 pounds. I'd say all of the above. Higher HP to weight ratio than the Ferrari F12. The published numbers are substantially conservative as recent dyno tests place the horsepower at the rear wheels at nearly 800 hp.

Also, it gets a combined avg 26.4 mpg, for what it's worth.

Yeah, great...but can the cupholders handle a Double Big Gulp and will my phone pair with it seamlessly???

;^)

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

What would make you think it's glass?

The price of the car.

20.gif

McLaren has always had a special place in my favorite cars list....all due to the amazing F1....and each new model just gets better and better, this one no exception.

The Senna is just a marvel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back