Car rental questions from a Brit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother travels a lot and uses Hertz exclusively. I remember once arriving in Baltimore and seeing a long line at the rental car desk. Great. Then see a sign with my name on it and to straight to the garage to select a car. My brother put his reward number on my reservation and the system upgraded me. Whew!

Correction:
I mean to say

Rent a vehicle with a TRUNK and not truck. You want to be able to lock your stuff away from prying eyes. I have peers lose everything from their suvs when they went in for 3 mins to pick up their lunch order. Laptop, clothes, meds..., it was quite funny to see one of my VP come into work in shorts and sandals.

I love it when folks from foreign countries (where stuff is grossly expensive) come to the US and expect everything to be dirt cheap.

Originally Posted By: thooks
I love it when folks from foreign countries (where stuff is grossly expensive) come to the US and expect everything to be dirt cheap.

I think op is trying to save his parents some money and find the best deal or how to go about getting one. Surely we all do that?

Try: Enterprise. Dollar. Thrifty. Silvercar(Sometimes les than Hertz).

Enterprise you can often (not always) reserve a lesser car and get a larger one because the small one is not available.

More expensive to drop off in another city.

Check with your credit card company-many of them have insurance included with them if you use the card to rent the vehicle. The insurance from the rental car company is generally a ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back