Honda wiper refills for Rain-X beam wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Honda wiper refills from the dealer fit into Rain-X beam style wipers?

Most wiper blades can be refilled, but the "spine" is of varying widths. Most Honda (and other Japanese brand cars) use inserts with a spine width of 6mm. The beam blades I put on my son's car (Rain-X Latitude) have 8mm spine width. I have an assortment of silicone rubber inserts I bought on eBay in both 6mm and 8mm in adequate lengths to refill the blades on his car and mine. On mine I'm still running the original blades - car is a Mazda3 - with the silicone inserts. I've also successfully refilled rear wiper blades with inserts for years. Those are not generally "designed" to be refilled.

I'm not so cheap that I wouldn't just buy new blades if they worked better. The silicone inserts I've been using ship from Malaysia and have already been on the car a couple of years and still perform well. Disclaimer: my car is in a parking garage at work and a garage at home so my wiper blades are going to last longer no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back