Dodge Challenger Police Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
There may be some of us here who successfully eluded the po when we were young and dumb.
We may now be very thankful that we were never caught and charged.
It's never a matter of the performance of the vehicles involved, since any simple four cylinder car will do well over 100 mph.
It's more a matter of opening up a lead and then exploiting it to go somewhere that your pursuers can't see you going.
As I wrote above, there may be some here who did such things.
OTOH, if you have a chain of cops on your tail, then you have nowhere to go and might as well stop and put your hands where they can be seen before things get uglier than they already are.
You're busted!

It's all about that initial lead, getting off of the highway, and making the correct series of turns.

A guy I know did it a few times when he was younger, but would never even think of it today.

Helicopter = Done

I thought they just get the plate number and meet you at your house?

Thirty five years ago, they didn't have cars and roads all cameraed up so that they could get your plate number.
There also weren't too many LE helos available and flying.
There was also much less traffic to impede the fleeing driver.
Things are obviously much less conducive to eluding pursuit today than was once the case.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

It's all about that initial lead, getting off of the highway, and making the correct series of turns.

A guy I know did it a few times when he was younger, but would never even think of it today.

Helicopter = Done

I would never do it nowadays. Hard to outrun the radio. Have to get a lead before he even turns around, and get off the road quick. If its not thought out ahead of time, it won't work.

And it helps is the car is a bland color, to blend in, not a white car!

Last edited:
Mohmed’s light clothing did not work well in the SE Texas brush either
wink.gif

Still can’t find anything on this fool …

Some of the older police helos had a hard time keeping up with car chases. But the newer ones are fine. Pics of the old versus new ones below.

Hughes 269(older)

Schweizer 300(older)

MD500s(newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back