Rock Auto UltraPower Toyota filter copy? Cut open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As indicated above I cut one up to see what these were all about. I was satisfied enough with the construction to run one for a moderate oil change ~5600 miles on the Lexus. If when I do this next oil change and cut the filter I see any issues I'll just trash my remaining two as I have 2 Wix made Carquest Red and 4 Wix made carquest blue one FL910S one Napa Gold 1348 and 3 FPS3614 in the same size. If it looks good after 5k I'll use up the remaining two at 5k OCI in the Lexus.

Briefly reviving this thread on the virgin filter cut in advance of cutting a used one (probably Tuesday) when I service the Lexus that has had one of these installed for ~5,500 miles with PYB SAE 30. Any predictions of imminent doom and gloom for this unknown filter? I suspect it will look just fine, but time will tell. If it looks good another one will go on to replace it.

I think you will be happy.
wink.gif

Those filters look fine for a 5K OCI...the media is a bit on the thin side but I'd use them.

I have two more left in my stash. Even if I only run them for 5k ea it only costs $4.23 for 15k worth of filters at the price I paid for them which isn't too bad. The car has proven to be easily capable of 10k OCI on quality oil and filters but my stash of clearance oil is large and I get bored waiting 6 months to change the oil so for now I'll run 5k on stash oil until the oil supply starts to dwindle some. I do have quite a bit of oil suitable for 10k runs, I'll save that for use with my stashed Fram Ultra filters and a 10k run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back