Oil recommendation for 2009 Infiniti G37

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's car with 60,000 miles. Well maintained since new. No issues. Been running oennzoil platinum 5w30. Change it around 5000 miles normally. Wanting to try something different or better. Post your thoughts. Thanks

Hard to get much better than Pennzoil Platinum for the price.

You aren't likely to notice a seat-of-the-pants difference by running a different oil.

Anything except boutique oil will be fine. You will literally never feel a difference.

The pennzoil has been great. Just haven't researched oil in a while and it time for awhile and it's time to change it. Was wondering if there anything better for the engine out there. I'll probably just grab some more pp since it's been good so far. Thanks

With a 5000 mile oci, that Pennzoil is a sure bet. I wouldn't get the top level oils unless you wanted to extend your oci out to 10k let's say.

SOPUS, Valvoline, Castrol, any major brand is good for 5k.

I don't know if there is better oil than what you are using , but if u want to use different oil, then perhaps try Redline or amsoil 5w30

Pennzoil Platinum is great oil. But knowing the timing component issues on this particular engine - I would grab the Pennzoil Platinum 0w40 EURO for the same price as PP 5w30. They sit side by side at WalMart, for the same price. But these Nissan V6 really do prefer the 0w40 oils for the longevity of the timing components.

As Sammy Sosa once said, "Keepa continuing." My wife's M35 is two years older than your G37 and has 99K miles. It has done fine on an OCI of 4,500 to 5,000 miles using synthetic blend oils. Now I'm using a Fram Pro Synthetic filter for two intervals.

If your plan is working, keep it.

I just rolled 160k on my 09. I have been using 5-30 or 0-30 Valvoline Full Synth and sometimes Mobile 1 if on sale and cheaper. I change oil every 5k with no loss of oil between changes. Usually a Fram Extra Guard filter for a 5.6 Titan.

I use this car for sales and construction management. It sees lots of idle time and wide open throttle in town. Great motor, should take you a long way.

Originally Posted By: former520
I just rolled 160k on my 09. I have been using 5-30 or 0-30 Valvoline Full Synth and sometimes Mobile 1 if on sale and cheaper. I change oil every 5k with no loss of oil between changes. Usually a Fram Extra Guard filter for a 5.6 Titan.

I use this car for sales and construction management. It sees lots of idle time and wide open throttle in town. Great motor, should take you a long way.

welcome2.gif

Where do you get Valvoline's 0w30 in the US?
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back