Stihl KM130 or KM131?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a Stihl Kombi Unit. The dealer still has the KM130 in stock or can get a KM131.

I am thinking it would be better to get the newer model because, well, its newer. I know the 131 has a bigger fuel tank, its easier to take the cover off, it has the intellecarb which compensates for the restriction of the air filter as it gets dirtier and it runs "cleaner" which probably means leaner which I know isn't necessarily a good thing. The 131 also has a rev limiter which I feel is a good thing, I do not believe that the 130 does.

Does anyone know anything about any other differences between the old and the new models?

I bought a fs91 which I love and have about 4 hours on it with no complaints. I love the torque that the 4mix has, I love the sound and the feel of the machine. The Fs91 had bike handles which I wanted for my primary weed eater, you cannot put bike handles on a kombi unit.

I will use the Kombi as a brush cutter for anything the 91 cant handle, blower, but the main things I want it for is the bed edge re definer and the power sweeper.

Thanks!

If it were me I'd get the newer KM131 unless the older 130 was significantly cheaper. The new 4-mix engines are rev limited to 9,500RPM. The older 4-mix engines were rev limited to 10,200RPM except the KM130 which is limited to 9,500. The 131 is lighter, has superior air filtration, simplified starting, along with all the other attributes you mentioned. Either way you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for the chart. I was leaning toward the 131. Im not sure there is much of a discount on the older model so I will see what they say. I will probably have them order a 131.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back