Used Napa Gold 1356 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was time to change the oil again on my Honda CBR 600 F4i:

Previous oil change (2500 oci):
3.5 qts of Rotella T4 15w40 CJ-4 with a Napa Gold 1356.

This oil change:
3.5 qts -> 2 qts of Valvoline MC 20w50 and 1.5 qts of Valvoline MC 10w40. I decided to switch to my favorite brand - Fram TG, so this time I chose the oversized Fram TG7317.

The Napa Gold filter looks splendid like the last one I had on it. Typical great filter:

Looks very good and thank you for posting
wink.gif

This is a case where I think leaving the filter on for 2 changes would be a good thing.
I understand the short changes in a bike, but that filter has plenty of life left.

Yes, I plan on keeping the filter for two changes. I can feel the oil is spent by 2500 miles and it's black as an abyss, but it's weird that the filter is still golden.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Yes, I plan on keeping the filter for two changes. I can feel the oil is spent by 2500 miles and it's black as an abyss, but it's weird that the filter is still golden.

How can that be possible? The oil in those pleats looks new.

Looks excellent. The 5/1356 used to be the filter Wix/(NG) spec'd for majority Honda vehicles, then the 7317/14610 equivalent. Some years ago now they changed the baseplate design, they said for better block engagement on some vehicles including Honda and that filter is now the 5/7356. The 1356 still for some vehicles, OPE and Powersports applications.

Pictures look like at least another equivalent oci left in this one.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19

How can that be possible? The oil in those pleats looks new.

currently what I'm trying to figure out myself. But as the bike gets closer to its 2500 mile oci I could feel the shifting getting way notchier/chunkier/clunkier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back