chip in glass shower door calling glass experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a chip in glass shower door. It is in the lower rear section of the sliding door. It is L shaped and about 1/2 long and tall. It isnt noticable as only a sliver is missing from each side. This is tempered glass correct?
Can it shatter now that it has been damaged. Can this be repaired ,should I replace or just live with it.

Like you say, "calling glass experts". So call one. The crack repairs they do on automotive windshields are proven, I don't see why they wouldn't do a shower pane.

I would replace it. A cracked glass in a shower door could easily make it more susceptible to breakage if the door is accidently twisted or shut hard. Having a family member standing there barefoot and unclothed with broken glass all around isn't something I'd be willing to gamble with.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I would replace it. A cracked glass in a shower door could easily make it more susceptible to breakage if the door is accidently twisted or shut hard. Having a family member standing there barefoot and unclothed with broken glass all around isn't something I'd be willing to gamble with.

Agreed, not something I would mess around with. Any damage with all the flex that occurs in the door isn't worth risking.

Sorry it is upside down

23t2m1j.jpg

Picture above upside down. It is not a crack, a chip is missing off the corner...

In my completely unqualified opinion, that doesn't look like an issue to be concerned about.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

You might could sand it smooth with emory cloth. But I like Pop Rivit's suggestion better. Some things are just not worth risking.

I believe you are right, I thought I read all shower doors are tempered glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back