Want over a curb from nowhere. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to downtown Austin and taking a left at around 5MPH, I went over a curb from nowhere, it was a parking curb and I am.juzt so unhappy. There is no way that.there could be a parking curb in the middle of the lane. It was dark and after going over it did I realize there was a curb. I am not sure what damage happened to the front end, I am suspecting a alignment and possibly bearing job down the lane. I am.just so sick about these parking curbs, there is no reason for that to be put in the middle of a lane.

All these southern states are a POS when it comes to road safety and engineering the right way. The roads don't have light reflecting curbs and there are not lit. Never in my life would I run over a curb, it finally happened.

Here overpasses are called underpass and viceversa, these fools are always building lanes for ages.

From a intellect std point they are nowhere close to Eastern and Western states when it comes to building riads.

Thus why they are referred to as fly-over states. They take up space to hold the east and west coast the right distance apart.

Your supposed to fly over them, not drive through them.

That sucks man. Hopefully no lasting damage was done.

Not trying to one-up you or anything, but if you really want to see trash roads, come to the Northeast. You have:

- Narrow lanes
- Disappearing lanes without any warning
- [censored]-poor road signs
- Potholes
- Faded lane markings lacking any reflective coating
- Random barriers separating traffic
- Lack of street lamps

34.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
That sucks man. Hopefully no lasting damage was done.

Not trying to one-up you or anything, but if you really want to see trash roads, come to the Northeast. You have:

- Narrow lanes
- Disappearing lanes without any warning
- [censored]-poor road signs
- Potholes
- Faded lane markings lacking any reflective coating
- Random barriers separating traffic

Roads near NYC will be experiencing construction issues for the next 50 to 100 years.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
All these southern states are a POS when it comes to road safety and engineering the right way. The roads don't have light reflecting curbs and there are not lit. Never in my life would I run over a curb, it finally happened.

Here overpasses are called underpass and viceversa, these fools are always building lanes for ages.

From a intellect std point they are nowhere close to Eastern and Western states when it comes to building riads.

Sounds like maybe you need to move. East or West would be best by the sounds of it.

I lived in CA for 15+ yrs and once in a bloom moon I would hear fatalities on the roadways that I used day in and day out. And those fatalities were bikers cutting lanes most of the time.

In TX there are 3800+ fatalities every year, that speaks volumes of the intellect of these losers who don't know a jack about building roads.

I lived in CA for 15+ yrs and once in a bloom moon I would hear fatalities on the roadways that I used day in and day out. And those fatalities were bikers cutting lanes most of the time.

In TX there are 3800+ fatalities every year, that speaks volumes of the intellect of these losers who don't know a jack about building roads.

Traffic deaths in california are actually over 3000. so that is a weak argument.

probably no damage. I've done this at least once with most every vehicle I've owned and the only damage was to my ego. If it drives straight, steering wheel is centered, then no issue. ed

Texas has more miles of road than any other state, A lot of that is 2-lane blacktop that is not lit, It's a dangerous situation that NO state could afford to fix.
Our infrastructure was not designed to handle the population explosion that has happened in the last 2 decades in places like Austin, Houston, & DFW, This causes constant road construction & all the accidents/fatalities that go along with it.

I don't see how YOU hitting something is someone else's fault?

Your running over the curb is everybody's fault but yours. You're expected to be smarter than a piece of concrete. Go back after the sun comes up and you'll probably realize YOU made a mistake....or not.

I lived in CA for 15+ yrs and once in a bloom moon I would hear fatalities on the roadways that I used day in and day out.
I have been to 49 out of 50 states and the drivers in CA are no better, neither are the roads.

If you hate it here that much......Please leave. We're tired of all the people moving here from the failed states they created for themselves.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Your running over the curb is everybody's fault but yours. You're expected to be smarter than a piece of concrete. Go back after the sun comes up and you'll probably realize YOU made a mistake....or not.

No it is not my fault and I pay for the stupid design. Folks like me who have gone over the same curb would think how did that curb come there in the first place. There is the regular curb and then this curb that is specifically put there to park a car. No way is the city right on putting the curb there when there was no place to put 4he curb.

When I take a left turn, I expect to have a turning radius to not hit a freaking new curb. Guys how.many times we have taken turns without hitting the parked vehicle. What is the purpose of the curb, just doesn't make sense.

I have driven frequently in TX on business. Found it to be an entirely normal experience, drivers and road quality.
Actually found Dallas to be one of the most "polite" areas to drive in - South Florida on the other hand - not such a great place to drive.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have been to 49 out of 50 states and the drivers in CA are no better, neither are the roads.

That is a strong statement. As a relocated CA native whose wife is from CT/NY/NJ, I can say without a doubt that the roads are better in the west. Every time we head north to see family I consider getting a rental so I don't have to subject my drivetrain to those awful roads.

Now, on a national level I will agree that the current highway infrastructure in the United States is dismal overall and likely to get worse before it gets better.

One thing I can say for VA... our roads are pretty well maintained compared to some other placed I've been/lived.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
If you hate it here that much......Please leave. We're tired of all the people moving here from the failed states they created for themselves.

YES!!! we have the same issue here in AZ, i have to say TX driver are slightly better than CA driver, i used to live in CA, moving out was the best thing i ever did...

i tell them all the time, if you hate our laws so much, leave, go back to CA where you came from. don't F up our state as well. but well, misery like company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back