Fleetguard LF3681 - Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a LF3681 Fleetguard cut open. I installed a used 4.6L 3V Ford motor in a 2010 F150 4x4, supposed to be 50k on the motor, and put in 5qts of Havoline HM 5w20 and 1 quart of Valvoline straight 50, this was poured on the camshafts and timing chains. Replaced with the same filter and 5qts of Supertech HM 5w30 and 1 qt of Havoline 5w20 synthetic.

Filter was only on the motor for a week so I am guessing around 100-200miles. This was just changed with the oil to get anything that may have built up in the used motor from sitting and me also replacing the gaskets and rear main seal.

Looks like a good filter and had I believe 53pleats. No tears and everything looked to be in good working order. Only a little bit of grit in the bottom of the pleats so not as bad as I thought.

vsxX1m0.jpg

0HceKx1.jpg

4PFz43D.jpg

zoBCYUJ.jpg

Fleetguards are awesome filters, we used them on school buses in south Florida. Never had any problems.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
I really like the Fleetguard filters too. Who builds these for Cummins?
Pretty sure Fleetguard is owned by Cummins, they build them themselves AFAIK.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
I really like the Fleetguard filters too. Who builds these for Cummins?

Fleetguard filters are made by Cummins Filtration. The division used to be known as Fleetguard but they underwent a branding change a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back