Can you mix Zerex Asian with Toyota pink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to add some coolant to the reservoir in my 2007 Camry. The OEM Toyota pink is in the system currently. Can I add Zerex Asian Formula to the reservoir without worry?

yup that's what it's all about.

I drained and filled my camry with zerex asian; a D&F only gets about 50% of it.

You can also just top up with distilled water.

From what I've read here, if you don't have a leak, evaporative loss is mostly water, which concentrates the coolant. So adding water should bring it back to the regular concentration and not diluted it.

Anyway, most coolants are 50:50, but anything from 40:60 to 60:40 is fine for most regular applications.

It's worth being very careful with the complete cooling system because if it fails you've just become a pedestrian and you're pocket books is about to become lighter.

Yes, and with no worries. And not that it means much but ZAF tint is either the same or very close to SLL pink too. Both long service interval Asian PHOAT AFs.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It's worth being very careful with the complete cooling system because if it fails you've just become a pedestrian and you're pocket books is about to become lighter.

I agree. Call me old school, I'd top it up with the same coolant that's in the cooling system, or distilled water which is guaranteed safe. The OAT HOAT mixing nightmare comes to mind when mixing coolants, even though it's not the case here.

Walmart stocks Valvoline Asian vehicle, but from what I read it's the same formulation as Zerex Asian vehicle but different color.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline-Asian-Vehicle-Antifreeze-with-Zerex-Pre-Mix-1-gal/49660461

"From Valvoline customer representative: The Zerex part numbers 675130 and 871668 are the same in formulation, but feature different color dye packs. The 675130 is red, while 871668 is blue. This has been done to coincide with manufacturer factory fill colors, as well as chemical formulation." Source Q&A from link above.

Thanks all. Not sure what caused the drop in the resrvoir but just needed something quick for piece of mind until I can diagnose it completely.

Reading some replies thought I'd go back and re-read the OP's specific question to which I replied. The OP said, ....."The OEM Toyota pink is in the system currently. Can I add Zerex Asian Formula to the reservoir without worry."

As noted Toyota Pink SLL and ZAF are both Long Life (long service interval) Asian PHOAT AFs. There's no mixing of DexCool/dexclone OAT with the SLL Pink being queried. It's same type AF with same type AF. So I'll stand by the answer, yes with no worries. Also meaning if it was my 07 Camry I'd do it with no worries. And if one reads this board many members use and recommend ZAF in Toyotas and other Asian makes mixing with the oem PHOAT. It's mixing like Asian AFs.

As noted later but not specifically asked, WM now carries Valvoline Asian Formula which is the same as ZAF (red tint only) but can usually be obtained for less, sometimes significantly less with online purchase. Member CELICA_XX has close up pics of front and back of WM VAF jug posted HERE.

As mentioned previously, Zerex Asian is ok for top off but I would really prefer to use Toyota SLL.

For diagnostic, check behind the water pump pulley for signs of leakage. You may need to remove the drive belt in order to get a good look at the water pump - they do tend to leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back