My Pillow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you tried this pillow? After just one night of sleeping on one, my stiff neck is gone, my lower back pain is gone, and I slept through the entire night. I had no idea just replacing a pillow could make so much difference. This is one of few products that actually does what its makers claim it does...

Can't see the pic, work filters...

Not unheard of, body posture is important, even in sleep.

Wife has three different pillows, and circulates through them. Uses one for a few weeks, then moves onto a different one. At least she isn't buying a new one every month! Me, I just sleep on one of her castoff pillows, seems to be ok.

Did a Google search awhile back. Very mixed opinions. If you are concerned about the warranty, please review some of the issues buyers have had in the past.

He is a local guy, has had an interesting life (to say the least).

google my pillow dot com...

i have thought about trying this product but just figured it was another gimmich tv sales thingy.

maybe i'll try now.

The truth is, any good pillow will achieve the same results that My Pillow does. The problem is finding a truly "good" pillow. If you don't have allergies, then down is the ticket. And the quality of down is important, because you can get cheap down pillows at department stores that are no better than junk fiber fill pillows. You want 700+ fill power goose down. The problem is, people balk at spending several hundred dollars for a "good" pillow. (And if you wanted to go all out and buy the ultimate down pillow, you can figure on several THOUSAND dollars for one filled with the ultra rare Eider Duck down).

I have allergies, so down is out for me. But a few companies make pillows with synthetic down that are quite good. I've been sleeping on Cuddledown's synthetic down pillows now for about five years and they are fantastic. Sferra also makes a good synthetic down pillow. These aren't cheap either by Wal-Mart or department store standards, but if you want a good night's sleep, how much is it worth? When my nephew (who is 11) spent a week with me this past summer, he absolutely raved about the pillows on the bed in the guest room. They are Sferra Arcadia synthetic down pillows. If an eleven-year-old notices the difference in a pillow, then you're on to something. He liked them so much that I gave him one to take home for his bed.

What the inventor of My Pillow has done is create a solution for a problem that really wasn't there. [censored] pillows have been around forever, and really good pillows have been too. The creator of My Pillow is good at marketing. But as for the pillow itself, a lot of people are happy with it and that's great. But I looked closely at one in Bed Bath & Beyond when they first came out and I was not impressed. The quality of the ticking and the stitching is nowhere near that of my Cuddledown pillows (which have a fine German batiste ticking that feels almost like silk). The fill in the My Pillow is lumpy from the start. Even after several years, the synthetic down in my Cuddledown pillows still does not clump and they fluff up just like they did when new. Plus, they are very light weight, just like high fill power real down.

I have no doubt that the My Pillow works well for some people. But to say it's the best pillow in the world is a stretch. It may be the best pillow you've ever slept on, but all that says is you haven't tried any really good pillows before.

I use one of those orthopedic pillows that has a lower curve whereas you neck lays on it....OMG, I can't live without it now.

I broke my neck in 2005. My wife has one of these and it's the best pillow i've ever used. Might it be coincidence? Sure.

I have a Comfort Zone memory foam pillow from JCPenney. Best pillow I've ever had. It's basically a Tempur Pedic knockoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back