Toyota T-IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have used both Castrol Import and Maxlife in a 04 Camry and it's at 195k miles now without problems. Still shifts smoothly.

I just used Mobil 3309 in my 06 Toyota Sienna, it's the same fluid as Type IV. Amazon prime has it for $62 a case.

Originally Posted By: DWC28
Amazing how many opinions on this. Well here comes another. JASO 1-A03 approval is a very good indicator if the fluid will work in Toyota T-IV. This is a fluid similar to long service lfe DEXRON III and testing is available. Watch out for claims such as suitable for use or our cousin Larry used this without any problems. Approved JASO is a good sign. Also there are at least two JASO approvals, 1-A is better than 2-A. Any fluid with MERCON/DEXRON/JASO 1-A03 APPROVALS will be a good substitute. (Since MERCON and DEXRON III are no longer licensable, I would trust most major brands.)

There's a lot of "My uncle/ cousin Larry used it issue free." going on here on BITOG. This is a good one.
crackmeup2.gif

Very interesting on the JASO spec. I'll have to do some research.

I will admit, I was tempted to use Maxlife in her Volvo's AW-55, but I read some Uncle Larry stories so I went with T-IV. $4.50 at the dealer.

The only problem with Maxlife is that it's a little thin compared to T-IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back