Best filter for extended oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
^^^^Nice job of taking things out of context. What I said was the truth. Good enough to throw away the oil and filter every few thousand miles. This must be done to rid the engine of the contamination that the filter doesn't filter...You kinda left that part off for your convenience (or amusement), huh?

As I recall, the original subject was the best filter for extended OCI, and I correctly mentioned bypass filtration. There are other posters on this forum besides myself such as Slalom44 and A310 who use bypass filtration, they have posted UOA, and they run their oil and filters far in excess of what anyone in their right mind would run a Fram or similar rock catcher.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2930840/Re:_whats_your_longest_oci?#Post2930840

Try running your Fram or rock catcher of your choice out to about 40K, do a UOA with a particle count at that stage, THEN get back to me about how healthy your engine is and how your filter is "good enough." I don't mind a healthy debate, but it needs to be based in facts. The only thing your mockery demonstrates to me is how small and closed your mind is.
39.gif

I didn't take anything out of context. You're obviously off in your own world. Nobody here has ever mentioned that they are going to run an Ultra or any other high efficiency spin-on ... along with the oil ... for 40K miles. And nobody has claimed a filter like that will do such a thing.

You've gone into the bypass filtering realm, which has nothing to do with talking about high efficiency filters being used for extended OCIs ... and I'm talking 10~15K miles when I say that, not 30~40K miles, or trying to get to the goal of never changing their oil.

Any 30,40, 50 year users of bypass filters here? My Dad actually sold some Frantz's back in he very early 60's. The distributor had a bunch of stuff set up in his garage for displaying the benefits. Same stuff said then as now pretty much. He had the test stand showing how the filters cleaned the dirt out. He had clear lines on the engine and transmission of his car(Chrysler Imperial maybe, big) so the customer could see the clear oil not dark.
Years passed, I had a whole box full of Frantz's, probably 10-15 in the garage. Put them in recycling probably early 90's. Got different cars, got to be too much trouble, and the pampered engines and cars went off to junk yards or trade ins. So there is nothing wrong with them in concept. The main problem is do we need them. I actually still have the bug as was looking at Traskos. THANK GOD they do not fit my car. It looks like a very interesting filter, the Trasko. I actually had been looking at the new style Frantz recently, stood back and said OMG what am I doing here.

"I didn't take anything out of context. You're obviously off in your own world."

You DID take what I said out of context. All one has to do is reread what is posted to see that. As for me being in my own world, what you have said of me is true of yourself; but I think your box has a higher population. My box has a higher efficiency.

"You've gone into the bypass filtering realm, which has nothing to do with talking about high efficiency filters being used for extended OCIs ..."

Really? I'm going to repeat myself...The OP question was "Best filter for extended OCI" How is that not bypass? I do not read a mileage limitation on p1 of this thread. I stated my reluctance to answer on p6. My points and the links I have posted are valid, if one so chooses to read. I can show you higher efficiency filtration, I can't make anyone desire to use it. I'm going to bow out of this thread.
11.gif

"I didn't take anything out of context. You're obviously off in your own world."

You DID take what I said out of context. All one has to do is reread what is posted to see that. As for me being in my own world, what you have said of me is true of yourself; but I think your box has a higher population. My box has a higher efficiency.

"You've gone into the bypass filtering realm, which has nothing to do with talking about high efficiency filters being used for extended OCIs ..."

Really? I'm going to repeat myself...The OP question was "Best filter for extended OCI" How is that not bypass? I do not read a mileage limitation on p1 of this thread. I stated my reluctance to answer on p6. My points and the links I have posted are valid, if one so chooses to read. I can show you higher efficiency filtration, I can't make anyone desire to use it. I'm going to bow out of this thread.
11.gif

You took the OP's question out of context because he's not talking about running his oil for 40K miles when he says 'extended OCI'. If he did, he would have said so right up front.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

11.gif

You took the OP's question out of context because he's not talking about running his oil for 40K miles when he says 'extended OCI'. If he did, he would have said so right up front.

Bingo!

~ Triton

^^^^Nice job of taking things out of context. What I said was the truth. Good enough to throw away the oil and filter every few thousand miles. This must be done to rid the engine of the contamination that the filter doesn't filter...You kinda left that part off for your convenience (or amusement), huh?

As I recall, the original subject was the best filter for extended OCI, and I correctly mentioned bypass filtration. There are other posters on this forum besides myself such as Slalom44 and A310 who use bypass filtration, they have posted UOA, and they run their oil and filters far in excess of what anyone in their right mind would run a Fram or similar rock catcher.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2930840/Re:_whats_your_longest_oci?#Post2930840

Try running your Fram or rock catcher of your choice out to about 40K, do a UOA with a particle count at that stage, THEN get back to me about how healthy your engine is and how your filter is "good enough." I don't mind a healthy debate, but it needs to be based in facts. The only thing your mockery demonstrates to me is how small and closed your mind is.
39.gif

My engine is at 172k miles, with 61k miles on 20k filter change intervals with Fram Ultra. I even did one of the 20K FCI's with Mobil conventional.

Waiting for my engine to self destruct? Grab a really comfortable chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back