Replacing headlight bulbs in Volvo V70

Status
Not open for further replies.
These videos show how to change headlight bulbs in a Volvo 2008 S60. My daughter 2006 V70 has similar setup. There isn't room to reach the bulb without removing the air box in driver side, and remove the ECU case on passenger side. I need to change the low beam bulbs often, because they use low beam as DRL at full power.

Changing light bulbs in the 2000 E430 is very easy, no need to remove anything. Changing both low beam bulbs(passenger and driver) in the E430 took me less than 3-5 minutes.

Passenger side

Driver side

Many things under Volvo hood are so unorganized, they look like just randomly placed. No wonder they are sold to Chinese.

When the bean counters what to save a few yen, or blat or whatever they take shortcuts in places many buyers don't look at. It takes someone who has turned a few wrenches to assess how easy it is or is not to work on an engine.

I really appreciate my old glass-faced HL's in times like this. Easy to change, and don't yellow with age! Plus, DRL function has been disabled as it's not needed nor necessary here.

A simple bulb change is no longer simple on any newer vehicle. Period. Royal PITA......

crazy2.gif

Makes owning a Ford not so bad afterall

OTOH, I do love driving Volvo's on long road trips. Nothing more comfortable or serene.

Can you disable the DRL?

I did on my previous VW, all it took was pulling the headlight switch out of the dash and putting a piece of electrical tape over a pin. Took 2 minutes.

That's a good idea actually. I was able to do this with the Focus by simply pulling a fuse. The bulb life was fine, but I didn't want DRL's with the parking lights and yellow fog lights.

IMHO the problem with common failing bulbs on the Volvo has more to do with a bad electrical system/bad grounding (or combination of the two)
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back