2012 Toyota Camry UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I email it to someone, edit out the personal info and post it up here? Kind of short on time at the moment and would like to post the full report to get some comments on it. Just send a pm with email. Thanks!

They listed the oil used as Mobil 1 HM 5w20 which is not correct. I topped off with Mobil HM 5w20, 1 quart which was added at 9500 miles on the oci. The oil in there should be tgmo 0w20 from the dealer.

edit: just received a pm from Ramblejam. Thanks!

Last edited:
Let it go until the next scheduled oil change and use Mobil I 0w-20. The OEM oil is a very good product but Mobil I is easy to find and a very good product.

2PgpaLl.png

looks very good, low wear metals.

This engine burns oil by design I guess? needed the whole quart by 9500 or did you over fill?

I found out on here that when the dipstick reads halfway between add and full that it's really down a quart instead of meaning a half quart low. It was about a quart low at 9k miles. Also changed the air filter when doing the top off since it had 40k miles on an oem filter. Replaced with another oem one.

It was a hair over the full mark after topping off. I put in about 7/8's of a quart since there was a little left over. I poured the leftover in the Matrix since that was a hair under the full mark. Went 9200 miles on MC syn-blend in that car but mostly hwy miles.

Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 went into the Camry for this oci which is the first time it has seen a fill of anything other than TGMO. The PP was free so we will see how it compares.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I found out on here that when the dipstick reads halfway between add and full that it's really down a quart instead of meaning a half quart low. It was about a quart low at 9k miles. Also changed the air filter when doing the top off since it had 40k miles on an oem filter. Replaced with another oem one.

It was a hair over the full mark after topping off. I put in about 7/8's of a quart since there was a little left over. I poured the leftover in the Matrix since that was a hair under the full mark. Went 9200 miles on MC syn-blend in that car but mostly hwy miles.

Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 went into the Camry for this oci which is the first time it has seen a fill of anything other than TGMO. The PP was free so we will see how it compares.

First time ive heard that about the dipstick theory. Is that just your particular engine or all engines in general? Ive never had an engine with false dipstick readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back