accident today, dropping things into crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Being an Engineer doesn't mean you're an actual Engineer.

My brother worked for a short time in a hotel as an "Engineer" and he fixed things around the hotel and checked to make sure things worked, worlds easiest job, much less demanding than working at McDonalds or something.

That's probably what he is.

Maybe he's this kind of engineer:

happy-train-engineer-17043967.jpg

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

My brother worked for a short time in a hotel as an "Engineer" and he fixed things around the hotel and checked to make sure things worked, worlds easiest job, much less demanding than working at McDonalds or something.

I think you'd have to have some kind of brains to be able to do that, unless he works for an amusement park as a little kid ride on train operator.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

I think you'd have to have some kind of brains to be able to do that, unless he works for an amusement park as a little kid ride on train operator.

Would not put my kid on any park train operating by engineer20. Would not even want him to touch my Lionel train.

Last edited:
the car is fine, i asked around mechanics and quick lube palces, they coulnd't find the power bait and told me it probably dissolved

on another side note, does lubegard red "fade away" in that can you add another bottle a year lator since the effects of the added lubegard fromthe last year fade away since the chemicals broke down, or do you only add it once and then add it again at the next drain and fill and does a 2009 ford taurus have a tranny drain plug? i bought mercon v and plan to do a drain and fill on it soon but don't know if it has one and what its dimensions are and what sized tools i'd need
the 03 camry , i know has one which needs a hex key/allen wrench to remove but i'm not sure what size it is (larger than the multipack ones)

I just got a ticket for impeding traffic. I would like to dny responsiblity but am not sure if the court will buy my side of the story or not. I was very surprised I got a ticket. I saw a police behind me, so I drove extra cautiously because I know the police are crazy right not and ticketing like crazy and trying to find any excuse to ticket you to make some money, but sometimes cautious can be too cautious and I got a ticket for impeding traffic. One cab (in a urban setting, not suburban/rural) was letting someone out the car, so I stopped and wanted to be polite and nice and to avoid getting in trouble, I waited, and then, the taxi did not move. The taxi then flashed his emergenchy signal and I used my high beams to signal to the taxi that I was letting him so he could go on the road, but he didn't go, and then police who was behind me claimed I was impeding traffic and 4 cars were backed up, but could he really do it for this and what's the fine and will this affect my insurance? I feel this is bullS and I can't believe this happened. Nice guys really do finish last. Why? I got in trouble for being polite? I like how this works.

I had another accident with the camry this morning. I had a flat while parked at a fast food place. It was right next to a firestone, which was next to a belle tire, and was next to a discount tire. I took it to firestone since that was the closest and didn't call a towtruck, so i drove it there (it was a few hundred feet) but by the time I drove it to firestone, the tire came off! did that damage mhy tire further or wheel? Firestone put my spare on and said my tire was irreperable. I then took it to discfount tire and they said it was irreperable too and a belt seperated. Was it bad before I drove it to firestone, or did I cause the tire to be irreperable since in that short distance, the tire came off the wheel! Then, at discount, my car woulnd't start! i called aaa, but just as aaa's towtruck called me about 1 hour later about how they'd come, I ended the call and attempeted to start the car and the car started, so then i cancelled my aaa call just in time and they said they didn't leave yet so it won't count against me as a service call, so i got lucky and now the car starts normally now. Why did it not start? Could it have been the anti theft system, as i asked belle tire about this since i was ready for aaa to tow it to belle tire for me to get a battery, but i don't seem to need one, so my questions are, why didn't the car start, and did i damage my tire, rendering it irreperable or was it irreperable as soon as it was flat even before i drove it a few hundred feet, leading to the tire coming off? Thanks.

What kind of charcoal and lighter fluid did you end up with? I plan on grilling out this weekend, Labor Day and all.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
What kind of charcoal and lighter fluid did you end up with? I plan on grilling out this weekend, Labor Day and all.

Also, do you pre-soak the charcoal with the fluid before lighting.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Also, do you pre-soak the charcoal with the fluid before lighting.

I'm lazy so I always buy the NFR (no fluid required)
grin.gif
instant lighting stuff.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm lazy so I always buy the NFR (no fluid required)
grin.gif
instant lighting stuff.

Yeah that's good too, you just have to make sure there is enough fluid to flavor the food. I'm pretty convinced that the "charcoal taste" you get is largely due to starter fumes
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I'm pretty convinced that the "charcoal taste" you get is largely due to starter fumes
grin.gif

Funny thing is you're probably right haha!!
grin.gif
Those charcoal lighter fluid fumes definitely do have an appealing aroma for some reason :p

Do you use wooden matches or paper ones?

I have some strike anywhere matches but where do I strike them?
Also, do I light the charcoal first and then put them in the grill?
How do you guys do it?
I'm so confused

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

How do you guys do it?
I'm so confused

Heck man I go all out high tech! I have one of those $1 bbq lighters that have that long metal rod which the tip lights at the touch of a button on the handle
laugh.gif

How do you guys do it?
I'm so confused

Heck man I go all out high tech! I have one of those $1 bbq lighters that have that long metal rod which the tip lights at the touch of a button on the handle
laugh.gif

What about when the lighter fluid in it goes out? Do I take it to a BBQ sales store and see if they can put lighter fluid in my lighter?

How do you guys do it?
I'm so confused

laugh.gif

What about when the lighter fluid in it goes out? Do I take it to a BBQ sales store and see if they can put lighter fluid in my lighter?

Well,Walmart used to have an "in house" repair dept where they'd repair,refill,etc for 99 cents. They cut back their staff (at least at this location) and no longer have their bbq accessory repair dept,and the local mom and pop place charges $1.25,so I just pry open my wallet and spring for a new $1 bbq lighter
19.gif
It's supposedly a synthetic lighter fluid,so I guess a buck is worth it?
21.gif
Not sure if it's real or fake synth though. I'm a lil worried
frown.gif

wow
Originally Posted By: engineer20
I had another accident with the camry this morning. I had a flat while parked at a fast food place. It was right next to a firestone, which was next to a belle tire, and was next to a discount tire. I took it to firestone since that was the closest and didn't call a towtruck, so i drove it there (it was a few hundred feet) but by the time I drove it to firestone, the tire came off! did that damage mhy tire further or wheel? Firestone put my spare on and said my tire was irreperable. I then took it to discfount tire and they said it was irreperable too and a belt seperated. Was it bad before I drove it to firestone, or did I cause the tire to be irreperable since in that short distance, the tire came off the wheel! Then, at discount, my car woulnd't start! i called aaa, but just as aaa's towtruck called me about 1 hour later about how they'd come, I ended the call and attempeted to start the car and the car started, so then i cancelled my aaa call just in time and they said they didn't leave yet so it won't count against me as a service call, so i got lucky and now the car starts normally now. Why did it not start? Could it have been the anti theft system, as i asked belle tire about this since i was ready for aaa to tow it to belle tire for me to get a battery, but i don't seem to need one, so my questions are, why didn't the car start, and did i damage my tire, rendering it irreperable or was it irreperable as soon as it was flat even before i drove it a few hundred feet, leading to the tire coming off? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back