NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

So....are you now claiming-with a straight face-that Tony Romo is a better QB than Joe Montana?

I am not claiming anything. The stats that were presented, UNLESS YOU REGARD THEM AS A MADE-UP LIE, are what they are. Deal with it!

Deflection. One more time: Welcome Jarlaxle. [Log out] ↓ BOB IS THE OIL GUY » Forums » General and Off Topic » General and Off Topic » New Reply Forum List My Stuff User List Active Topics Search FAQ

Recent Topics .44 Magnum ammo by Whitewolf 01/08/15 07:35 AM How much is this Chevrolet Caprice wagon worth? by pacem 01/08/15 07:09 AM Any Bridgestone/Fireston e deals out there? by Hokiefyd 01/08/15 07:05 AM 13 flight attendants fired - messages on a plane by Shannow 01/08/15 07:04 AM '07 Suburban, 4wd does not work by lawman1909 01/08/15 07:02 AM Random window breakage.. not in this case! by Eric Smith 01/08/15 06:18 AM Motor oil prices still high by martik777 01/08/15 06:04 AM 2007 Hyundai Santa fe 2.2crdi engine oil by StanIvanov 01/08/15 04:59 AM Wheel Hub on Rear by David1 01/08/15 02:55 AM 0' Degree Start Up Worries....... by qwerty1234 01/07/15 11:52 PM 2001 Ram Shift Linkage problems by nwjones18 01/07/15 11:01 PM Why I change my own oil-true story! by HM12460 01/07/15 10:49 PM

Newest Members npace, Elgin, TKO, BrokeCollegeGrad, Vettedrmr 52429 Registered Users

Who's Online 101 registered (Al, A_Harman, Atesz792, 2009Edge, ArtDart, 8 invisible), 1214 Guests and 136 Spiders online. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Forum Stats 52429 Members 66 Forums 224639 Topics 3568100 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM

Donate to BITOG

Posting form.

Subject Re: NFL Playoffs

Posting Icon:

No icon Post:

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
So....are you now claiming-with a straight face-that Tony Romo is a better QB than Joe Montana?

I am not claiming anything. The stats that were presented, UNLESS YOU REGARD THEM AS A MADE-UP LIE, are what they are. Deal with it!

Deflection. One more time: are you now claiming-with a straight face-that Tony Romo is a better QB than Joe Montana?

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Stats are better,thats all
Doesn't mean he is better overall
Get your panties out of a wad

That stats that matter are not better...

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Stats are better,thats all
Doesn't mean he is better overall
Get your panties out of a wad

Troy Aikman is 49th, behind Jason Campbell. Is Romo better than Aikman?

Originally Posted By: deven
Just watched Inside the NFL on SHOtime and after looking at the play in real slowmo, I think the refs got the call right. Yes he was not playing the ball(this is not a penalty) but he also was not impeding the WR from catching the ball(i.e. holding). His hands were stretched outwards towards the WR but barely grazed him. So I believe it was a good call to pick up the flag.

Actually deven it was PI by definition in the rules. The Dallas player made contact before the ball was there( can call just that - he grabbed the arm and pulled it down prior to the ball arriving - even though he let it go he still grabbed it so it counts as PI or at the least a lesser holding penalty ), did not turn his head to play the ball( very important part of why it is PI - read on ), and actually did impede the Detroit player from getting the ball. That ball was absolutely catchable by the Detroit receiver had the Dallas player not interfered with him. It would have hit the receiver in the numbers on his chest.

The Detroit player would have had to go through the Dallas player to catch the ball( it hit him in the back ). This is the part where the playing the ball part comes in. If he turns his head then he is considered to be playing the ball and he has the same right to it as the WR. In that case he is not impeding the receiver, he just has better position. However, he never turned to look which is a big part of it being PI or not.

Had the Dallas player turned to look he might not have drawn the initial flag( the early contact should have still called for it though ). However, if the defensive player does not try and play the ball and just throws himself/his arms up in the air in front of the receiver, hoping a flag is not thrown, he better hope the ball is higher than he is or off to one side or the other so the receiver had an ability to move and catch the ball.

If the ball is directly behind him as it was in this case though, by not looking and just throwing himself in front of the receiver, the defensive player is in effect impeding the receiver from getting to the ball because it is impossible to literally go through that player to catch the ball. The defensive player never turned to look so because of that, coupled with just trying to block the receiver out, it is classic PI.

I hope I explained it clearly?

Was a classic, by the rule book, definition of PI on that play. Absolutely no question about it. That would have been a PI call 20 or 30 years ago and it was and is still PI today.

NFL: DALLAS WAS ROBBED!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-171012009.html

NFL tells Cowboys they missed seven penalties on Lions as well
By Frank Schwab 1 hour ago Shutdown Corner

Since any right-minded person already knows the NFL doesn't fix any games and didn't do so this past Sunday, the news that the league admitted to at least seven missed calls that benefited the Detroit Lions shouldn't come as a big surprise.

The Cowboys sent 10 plays for review, according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and the NFL told the team that at least seven were missed by officials. Those are missed calls that would have benefited the Cowboys, who won 24-20.

Even that isn't too big of a deal. Here's what happens: Most weeks, NFL teams send plays to the league for officiating review. Usually the public never hears of the results, because they are private. Once in a while a team is upset enough over the result of a game or a specific officiating mistake that they'll leak to the media that the NFL said they were wrong on a call or missed one. It's not hard to figure out how the "Refs missed the Cowboys holding Ndamukong Suh on fourth down" story saw the light of day. The Lions also were already not pleased that linebacker Anthony Hitchens wasn't called for pass interference or holding after referee Pete Morelli announced pass interference. The crew huddled and then reversed the call.

The fact that so few of the "the NFL missed this call" stories see the light of day just made the mostly misplaced anger about the Hitchens non-call worse. A lot of people thought the NFL was falling apart at the seams, and there are more than a few who wrongly mistake missing calls for fixing a game. But Hill's report isn't a shocking bombshell. NFL officials miss calls. They do every week. They tell teams every week they do.

Hill specifically mentioned two calls that the NFL admitted it missed. There was an illegal hands to the face that knocked offensive tackle Jermey Parnell's helmet off, but no call. And on the play before the fourth and 6 that Witten converted, the one that Suh was held, the NFL told the Cowboys they missed a defensive holding. That would have given Dallas a first down.

So, of course, logical and smart people know the game wasn't fixed. Officials fixing games don't often fail to call seven penalties that would help the team they want to win.

BOOM

The Seahawks have won the last three games against the Panthers by a total of 13 points. The Panthers have a much improved team on both sides of the ball in they're last 5 games. Luke Kuechly is one, if not the best MLB in the game who won the 2012 NFL rookie defensive player of the year and the 2013 defensive player of the year. They're O line is much improved allowing Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams and Fullback Mike Tolbert more running room. Greg Olsen and 6ft 5in Kelvin Benjamin are legitimate threats at catching the passes from Cam Newton who is also a big threat at running the ball. If Carolina doesn't and it's a big if, turn the ball over tomorrow night, this could be a very exciting game to watch. I'm not predicting a victory... but, just sayin.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The Seahawks have won the last three games against the Panthers by a total of 13 points. The Panthers have a much improved team on both sides of the ball in they're last 5 games. Luke Kuechly is one, if not the best MLB in the game who won the 2012 NFL rookie defensive player of the year and the 2013 defensive player of the year. They're O line is much improved allowing Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams and Fullback Mike Tolbert more running room. Greg Olsen and 6ft 5in Kelvin Benjamin are legitimate threats at catching the passes from Cam Newton who is also a big threat at running the ball. If Carolina doesn't and it's a big if, turn the ball over tomorrow night, this could be a very exciting game to watch. I'm not predicting a victory... but, just sayin.

It might be an entertaining game to watch for a while, but I don't give CAR much of a shot in this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back